PDA

View Full Version : John Allin

Tony Harrell
07-05-2002, 10:32 PM
How come nobody has mentioned John being in most of the trade magazines this month? Seems he's doing some seminars and even wrote a book! Maybe I get mine early or something.

DLS1
07-05-2002, 11:11 PM
Okay, who is John Allin? I only do mowing part-time and just skim through landscaping/mowing magazines.

Lanelle
07-05-2002, 11:22 PM
Actually I did mention it: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30422

65hoss
07-05-2002, 11:23 PM
You mean that John guy is being talked about again? ;)

strickdad
07-06-2002, 01:18 AM
yep that john guy... mows a little grass, pushes a little snow, and bam!!! everybodys talkin bout him.... lol.. congrats, john

LAWNGODFATHER
07-06-2002, 01:23 AM
Is this the same guy that was using a snow shovel to move snow for the olympic venues?

Man he must of been pretty tired after shoveling all that snow.

Wait is this the same guy that is the pres. of SIMA?

Same guy whom is a moderator on Lawnsite, and Plowsite?

John Allin
07-06-2002, 09:57 AM
Many thanks for all the kind words.....

One recent development.... as of June 2002 I am no longer Board President of SIMA. It was time to let others take that ball and run with it. Jeff Tovar from Chicago is now serving a two year term as President. However I am still serving on the ALCA and SIMA Certification Boards of Governors.

Business is good, and we continue to grow - especially in the snow side of the business. I'm traveling quite alot right now, but I check in on the forum boards each night from where-ever I'm at.

The Olympic project went quite nicely even though it was an awful lot of work and I really disliked being away from home for almost six months, and as some of you know - the trade's have treated me well this past few months. I've had some people ask what the 'next mountain' is that we will climb, and we do have some rather nice projects in the works. Nothing of the magnitude and visibility of the Olympics of course, but we'll be here growing steadily if God and continued good health allow it to happen.

I'm told that book sales are quite brisk, which is humbling as I often wonder if I sound intelligent when I speak (or write). I'm always amazed that others actually want to hear what I have to say (from time to time) as I have always believed that we all do this the same way, I just seem to have more luck than some. And, I have tried to live up to my own saying that "if you think you can, or you think you can't..... you're right".

GIE Media (publishers of Snow Business and Lawn & Landscape Magazines) have put together a seminar series that they are sponsoring, with me as the moderator and seminar leader. We'll be in Detroit on September 19th, Chicago on September 21st, Philadelphia on September 26th, and Boston on September 28th. It'll be announced here soon in L&L and Snow Business.

I'll be around, even if in the background somewhat.

Keep smiling gang.....

lawnkid
07-06-2002, 02:11 PM
I read a whole article about you plowing te Olympics in the Lawn and Landscape magazine a while back. Congratulations on your acccomplishments and it's too bad to see you leaving the president seat of SIMA. Keep

stslawncare
07-07-2002, 12:22 AM
hey john, congrats on ur accomplishments, can u give us some info on ur book?

John Allin
07-07-2002, 11:08 AM
If you click on this link, it'll take you to the publisher's order form, where you can order at a discount....

http://www.lawnandlandscape.com/store/productdetail.asp?CatId=3&SubCatId=13&Id=57