PDA

View Full Version : Too much garbage

agrostis palustris
07-05-2002, 10:35 PM
I have an account which is divied up between 4 places. The account gives me between 6 and 20 G's per year in work before referrals. One of the 4 places is a commercial property which has a lot of garbage, we pick it up when we are there as it is a part of the service agreement. The other 3 places are all residences. One of these residences ALWAYS has garbage when we go there to mow. I am really getting sick of picking up all this garbage each time I go there. It's not like its 2 pieces of garbage, or even 10. It's more like 20 pieces which will be scattered all over a rather well sloped 1 1/2 acres of turf. Then on top of that is dog toys which will be all over the place. It is not the parents who leave all this garbage. I KNOW that it is the kids who leave it as most of the debris will be soda cans, candy wrappers, etc. So what would you guys do here? I REALLY hate having to pick up all that garbage, because even if you go over it once, after you get on the mower there is other stuff you see as you go. Unfortunatley once you're on the mower you can't really put the brake on and step off, because the mower will take off without you. Any ideas?

Tony Harrell
07-05-2002, 10:50 PM
Boy I had a lot of ideas on this one. Unfortunatly none were any good. This is the proverbial rock and a hard place.

Darryl G
07-05-2002, 11:21 PM
I don't know if this will help in your situation, since the garbage is all over the place, but I often bag the grass strip near the road for properties near busy roads. I find it faster than picking it up. Ever run over a phone book? What a mess!