PDA

View Full Version : turf ctr tires on Dixie Chopper

gravedigger5
07-05-2002, 11:47 PM
already did some searches and couldn't find much on the Turf CTR tire on the new DC I am looking at. Is this tire any good? Or should I figure on buying different tires right away? Looking to buy in the next couple of weeks and might influence what I buy. Thanks, Marc

Are We Having Fun Yet???

Lbilawncare
07-05-2002, 11:55 PM
Our first Dixie Chopper had the Turf CTR tires on it, and they didn't last long- they wore down in the first 3 months, and they didn't get good grip on hills or when it was wet. The Turf Boss "bar" type tires are great. If you can, get the model with them on it.

LAWNGODFATHER
07-06-2002, 12:19 AM
They suck.

I am running the same tires and rims that will also fit on my Lazers on one of my DC's, and they work great. I am still using the turf boss II tires on one, but plan on buying more Lazer ones on rims to save the turf boss for wet spring applications.

The problem with the turf ctr is they are rounded and have no way to really get a good bite of the turf to get much grip at all. They have no side wall.

Barkleymut
07-06-2002, 12:30 AM
I have found the CTR's are great. I split the sidewall on one of my TurfBoss 2's and had to get a replacement that day. I mow some super steep hills and the CTR's seem to hold just as well as the others.

gravedigger5
07-06-2002, 10:25 AM
:) Thanks for the imput, I really appreiciate all the info I get from this site. Marc

Are We Having Fun Yet???