PDA

View Full Version : working from blueprints/drawings

Mykster
07-06-2002, 02:55 AM
I'm putting a bid together for a builder on some custom homes. All of the homes he wants just the front landscaped. On one of the homes the new homeowner wants drawings made up for the landscape(front and back). I've never worked off of drawings so I'm looking for some help to go about getting drawings made up. Should I hire a designer? Or do a freehand rough draft and have them made up to blueprints? Help please....

lawnstudent
07-06-2002, 09:40 AM
I think you want your work to look professional. I would not recommend free hand drawings. Use drafting equipment (T- square, diagonals, compass or circle templates, etc.) to produce drawings. You can purchase a drafting kit at a very reasonable price. You then take these drawing to a blueprint shop and have blueprints made at a very reasonable rate. A better approach is to use Auto CAD (a software program that runs on a PC or MAC). Again you can take the Auto CAD file to a blueprint shop or a print shop to get full sized prints. If you have never used Auto CAD you will need training or hire a professional to input your freehand drawings into Auto CAD format. Auto CAD is an expensive application (over $3,000.00), but I can economically buy time on the systems at the local Community College for person work. Good luck.

jim

Chuck Sinclair
07-06-2002, 03:32 PM
I my self do my own drawings but then i have taken all the classes to do it, if i were you i would hire a designer and tell the client there is a fee for the blue prints.