PDA

View Full Version : tree planting and removal bid

friendly-landscaping
05-03-2010, 03:45 PM
Hi everyone,
I'd appreciate some input as to what you guys would charge for cutting down 35 trees(about 8 feet, this would be the easiest and wouldn't take too long). Then the client wants 35 emerald cedar trees planted in his yard. I'd have to dig the wholes and plant them. He wants me to use new top soil as well.
I'm not too sure how much to charge for this, it would be 2 guys working on it. Also, how long would it take?

Thanks,
Mike

motorscot
05-05-2010, 03:17 AM
Start with the rental portion:
Stump grinder
Chipper or trailer to haul off the old trees

Then figure for bobcat rental for the day:
need following attachments: auger (for the new tree holes), forks (too move said trees), and bucket (for moving soil and grading)

Estimate time for each tree removal, then each stump ground down, then disposal of each tree

Then hourly rate for grading and soil install

Then hourly rate for install of new trees

Make sure that you total up all rental fees + your markup (if you have one)
Add in delivery fees for all equipment, soil, and trees

It's normally easier to have everything delivered than it is to go pick everything up. The customer will be paying for everything anyway

Finally, add in total cost of all materials/supplies

Good luck

motorscot
05-05-2010, 03:31 AM
Forgot to add:
Stump grinder, $150
Chipper, $150
Bobcat w/attachments for day $500
Old tree removal (if largest is only 8' tall) 5-10 minutes each, cut, chipped, ground, 8 man hours @ $50/hr

New tree install, 8 man hours @ $50/hr or you can double or triple the cost of the tree based on how large they are

Double the price of the topsoil for the soil install total, Ex: 5 yds, $25/yd = $125 for soil, then $125 for installation for $250 total

Final rough estimate for 2 days work w/2 men:
Equipment $950
Labor $800+
Material (trees/soil) ????

I would think that these numbers are somewhat in the ballpark, but are probably too low overall