PDA

View Full Version : home owner mess

ponyexpress976
05-03-2010, 07:22 PM
Last fall the home owner had a new patio poured and thought it would be a good idea to allow the truck to drive across the lawn. Long and short of it the guy said it looked like they were having 4wd races in the back yard. he attempted to fix it but managed to kill off everything that the trucks and equipment didn't. The area is approximately 9,500 square feet. Should i just till, rake, seed and straw it? My equipment costs are low and I have all the time in the world to get it done...i just dont want to be a lowballer and this is my first install. What's a good ballpark price? Oh yeah, the guy first states he does not have an unlimited budget but then wants to know why I didn't suggest hydroseeding...to give you an idea of the kind of guy were dealing with here.

shovelracer
05-03-2010, 08:13 PM
And what was your response to hydroseeding? How much where you thinking and why?

ponyexpress976
05-04-2010, 07:12 AM
I told him hydroseeding was the fastest and best way to cover large areas with seed but that it comes at a price much higher than broadcasting and covering with straw.