PDA

View Full Version : Who has a landscape bed on their truck?

Guardian
07-06-2002, 08:13 PM
Where can I find a landscaper's bed for my truck? In this months PRO mag, there is a story on GRN Designs. One of their trucks is a F350 w/ a landscape bed. The bed appears to be appx 12' long and the truck seems to be a standard LWB. Any idea on where to get one?

JB1
07-06-2002, 08:33 PM
like this , try Wil-Ro Mfg. in Gallatin , Tn.

Guardian
07-06-2002, 08:42 PM
IS that on a regular long wheel base? Thats an incredible truck. Whats the cost on something like that? Did you order it like that or just the bed?
.......nice truck

rkbrown
07-06-2002, 08:54 PM
Guardian:

I doubt it is on a standard lwb truck. Most aftermarket beds are made for a cab & chassis which uses a different frame. I imagine, though, someone makes a landscape-type bed for a standard long bed. It might take some research to find, though.

yardboyltd
07-06-2002, 09:00 PM
It wouldn't be to hard for a skilled welder to fabricate

Tony Harrell
07-07-2002, 08:35 AM
That's not a 350, looks like a 450 or larger. Although, I've seen that on a chevy truck at a dealership. Some outfit called lawns 'r us uses them in Winston-Salem.

Dennis E.
07-07-2002, 09:55 AM
I'm thinking about the Mitsu. cabover.
There is a place in Fl. that does landscaper beds for almost any application.
Alumna is the name of the company. No website. I talked to a guy from the company last year about getting some info.Never got it. He said they were moving into a new facility and,at that time,were working on a website.
A few guys have the landscaper beds here,on the Isuzu cabover. Very nice. Another guy has a 16 ft. tandem trailer that was made by them.
Anyone ever bought from them or seen any of their products?

cheapcuts
07-07-2002, 05:33 PM
http://www.supremeind.com/flatbed/landscaper/main.html

They make the beds put them on what you want

Dennis E.
07-07-2002, 05:50 PM
Alumne MFG. Inc.
Out of Wildwood Fl.
Landscaper beds for the cab-overs,(others too I guess)
Trailers also.

www.mindcola.com/alumnemfg/index.htm

Have a look.

Guardian
07-08-2002, 12:10 AM
Upon viewing the truck picture again, I feel stupid to have asked the LWB question. Thanks to all for the input. It might be better just to talk to someone about fabricating one just for me.

rkbrown
07-12-2002, 09:29 AM
Guardian:

You may wish to go to:

http://www.ford-diesel.com

Go to the forums section then hit the "search" button. Look for a username (not a topic) of "Smokey Wren". Over the last few months, he has been compiling and adding to a thread that has info and url's for all kinds of aftermarket bodies. I imaging there will be something on landscape bodies in one of the url's.

mdb landscaping
07-16-2002, 08:00 PM
http://www.ingramtruckbody.com/html/lawn_care_bodies_2.html

i found this company online. maybe its what you are looking for.

Albemarle Lawn
08-10-2002, 11:48 PM
Body by Simpson MFG Co. in North Carolina, I bought this truck new already set up from Colonial Truck in Ashland, VA.

Here's a pic: Its a super work vehicle.

KB

m&m
08-19-2002, 06:58 PM
i have a friend of mine who welds for a living doing things like thta==at.....has made a few beds......guarantees his work.......but he is up here in kannapolis ,n.c.

GCplus
09-09-2002, 10:06 PM
This subject may be long dead, but....

Wil Ro is the way to go for Landscape beds. I work in Nashville and everyone has these beds here. I have had two for three and four years. The are well built. Custom order to your specs on any truck. I have heard the now have a removable dove tail so you can have a dump bed also. Mine cost about 3g (17 ft, fold down sides, weedeater rack, headache box, and other little stuff. Highly recommend!!

MacLawnCo
09-09-2002, 10:25 PM
Does Wil Ro have a sight, if they have a dump option, they just became that much more attractive.

Bunton Guy
09-15-2002, 05:55 PM
I got a quote from some large companies and they wanted 4 grand for one of those 18 foot landscaper beds does that sound resonable that included ,trimmer racks,blower racks, tool boxes, gas racks, ect....

lawn storm
02-16-2003, 02:45 AM
can you turn a ztr on those beds side ways for tranport ?

MacLawnCo
02-16-2003, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by lawn storm
can you turn a ztr on those beds side ways for tranport ?

yes

Tony Clifton
02-22-2003, 03:10 PM
Guardian, if you are interested I have a truck with an 18' landscape bed on it. The truck is a 1995 Chevy Tiltmaster 40 diesel, the bed is 1 year old with tool racks in the front, and the curbside rail folds down for easier access.

m&m
02-22-2003, 11:58 PM
most beds i have seen it is easy to turn em around for transport or driving off the trailer........you shouldnt have no problem....my buddy has a 62 inch mower and he turns it right around on his....no sweat
mike