PDA

View Full Version : New plan for Multi unit Condos

Guardian
07-06-2002, 07:32 PM
We just started our 4th large Condo complex. Our basic plan of attack has always been to assign someone to a task and let them go through the entire complex and complete the task. For example: The person edging edges everything. This usually wears employees out and makes them dread the days we service these BIG BOY accounts.
Our new job consist of 17 buildings and a common area. I decided to break the complex down into 8 sections. A 3 man crew works each section together until its completed. This means that crew members don't loose sight of each other, get to change jobs & nobody is worn out. Its as if we drove to 8 different jobs instead of one enormous one. PLUS the residents dont have to hear our noise all through the day. SO far, so good.

What works for you?

yardboyltd
07-06-2002, 08:05 PM
Yea I know what you mean... trimming a large complex really get's you physically and mentally..

The mental trick of breaking it down into sections does work great, but I think it's also a result of doing it a differnt way... It may end up your crew get's tired of doing it this way... Just change it up every now and then, start on a different section first etc...

Tony Harrell
07-07-2002, 07:30 AM
Breaking stuff up into sections is a good idea if it's a large account. I did that when I did pest control for Wal-mart. The first time I walked into a supercenter to do pest control, I walked around wondering where to start. Eventually I broke it up into zones and everything fell into place and it actually became one of my favorite accounts.

HOMER
07-07-2002, 01:01 PM
This might work out better for you and I hope it does. I tried this once at a large commercial account that had a few big islands. I would edge trim then mow and blow each section. For some reason it took me longer to do it this way than the previous way. Now I say.......once you get a tool in your hand don't take it out until all that tool's work is done. Move on to the next tool ---so on and so forth-----!

Good luck.

yardboyltd
07-08-2002, 02:29 AM
Yea I'm a believer in both, it just comes down to the point, how long can you keep that tool in your hand until you begin to fatigue and switch, that is the ultimate because you loose time switch'n equipment and get'n it in the groove.

Besides, my weedeaters make my trigger hand thumb go numb after extended use.. Even hours later it will tingle.. What's up, just a nerve? I wonder...