PDA

View Full Version : Bad week!

mikeklein
07-06-2002, 09:01 PM
I have had a very bad week,first of all we here in Northern KY area have not had rain in over a month,doing all my accounts bi-weekly or longer!Then I stop to do 2 yards on one street,the one lady was cutting it herself,she said I dont cut it short enough anymore.I explained to her it will kill the grass cutting at 1" when it is this dry,she told me she likes it real short though.The other guy I found out is in serious trouble with the FBI,and is probably going to jail.He still owes me $125. for June.So I dont know what Im going to do about collecting on that one?I need to get more accounts,next year should be better though,I will be in the Yellow Pages.

Nelson
07-06-2002, 09:26 PM
4 Words..........

Do Not Give Up......

awm
07-06-2002, 11:16 PM
sometiesu just take the lumps an move a head. that lady would of steamed me a little to. wonder if she tells her mechanic
how to make her car run better. un huh:) good thing about it is shell have to
pay u for the repairs ,unless she blames u. which is likely from her type. hate to be intolerant ,but d-- stupidity.

jeffex
07-07-2002, 09:00 AM
right now all our lawns are dormant. Just sit back and wait for rain. Take a vacation and relax! this is how th lowballers are weeded out of this business. You need to charge a price for your services that take into account periods of drought or get your custmers on a contract. Forget that old lady and look for profitable work. Get a hedge trimmer and put out fliers. Do some mulch jobs but don't let bad customers get you down.