PDA

View Full Version : Mculloch 610 carb problem

AuthenicStihlEquipment
05-04-2010, 11:44 PM
I have a mcculloch 610 chainsaw. there seems to be a problem with the carb. when I took it apart there was some gummie stuff on the little alumium jet cover thats next to the needle valve float. I cleaned with carb cleaner. also tried spraying cleaner in all the jets. for some reason it does not want to prime when you use the choke. no fuel at all is going thru the fuel line when I try to start. the line and fuel filter are new. will soaking the carb in carb cleaner clean it out. is there a better kind of cleaner I should use for a gummed carb. any advise would sure help. :confused:

AuthenicStihlEquipment
05-04-2010, 11:58 PM
The carb looks like new inside and out dispite the problem

The Lawn Ranger CT.
05-05-2010, 12:18 AM
There might be a small thin metal screen under the primer bulb, check that when you take it apart and make sure that is not gummed up~!

The Lawn Ranger CT.
05-05-2010, 12:19 AM
The metal screen should be under those thin gaskets ( make sure you put them back the same way they came off .

mowerknower
05-05-2010, 12:49 AM
Have you done a leakdown test yet. You could have a bad impulse or fuel line. When checking the impules, it may pass a leakdown but may be plugged instead. Put a little bit of grease on the impulse and pull the rope and make sure the grease moves.