PDA

View Full Version : Water new sod

fredmullegun
05-05-2010, 12:12 AM
I had some dead spots near a fence line and in some random spots in my yard that I repaired with a few squares of sod. I got the sod on the cheap from a nursery because it was a day old. It did not look so hot for the first 4-5 days but now after two weeks greened up and has now noticeably grown.

I have been watering it almost everyday with just a hose flooding it. Can I treat it like the rest of my lawn now or should I continue to water daily? When should I mow it? I mowed around it when I mowed the lawn.

Marcos
05-06-2010, 05:24 AM
I had some dead spots near a fence line and in some random spots in my yard that I repaired with a few squares of sod. I got the sod on the cheap from a nursery because it was a day old. It did not look so hot for the first 4-5 days but now after two weeks greened up and has now noticeably grown.

I have been watering it almost everyday with just a hose flooding it. Can I treat it like the rest of my lawn now or should I continue to water daily? When should I mow it? I mowed around it when I mowed the lawn.

Make sure the soil under the sod isn't SO saturated with water that the weight of your mower might cause the new sod to collapse...sort of like quik sand.
Or in other words, let the soil under the sod 'dry down a bit' before you mow.