PDA

View Full Version : turf tiger pto switch burning

shorty1993
05-05-2010, 05:27 AM
turf tiger has burned 3 pto switches already. starting to look into the fact that it could be clutch related. i know it can be adjusted some but currently is at about .017 which best i can tell should be within acceptable range. not really at a point to do a trial and error procedure so any advice, horror stories will be so greatly appreciated.

thanks
chris

rotti1968
05-05-2010, 10:01 AM
See if this helps you at all its the testing and adjustments for clutches from scag .http://www.ganos.com/electricclutchtesting.pdf

piston slapper
05-05-2010, 10:32 AM
Check the connector where the switch plugs in for melted or discolored connectors.
Check your fuse holders, loose connections make heat and draw high amps.

dadreier
05-05-2010, 11:16 AM
Had the same problem on one of my machines.

It is equipped, however, with a panel mounted ammeter and I could easily see that whatever the fault was, it was drawing so much current that there was barely enough left to charge the battery.

Turned out to be a bad coil in the clutch. Parts were available, but a complete replacement seemed to a better choice, given the number of hours on it.

shorty1993
05-05-2010, 09:27 PM
Check the connector where the switch plugs in for melted or discolored connectors.
Check your fuse holders, loose connections make heat and draw high amps.

first time there was no damage to the connector behind the switch, second time it was melted so i done away with it all together, yet on burned switch #3. this thing will run 1.5-2 hours before it burns the switch which is kinda why i was thinking someting in the clutches was heating over time thus cause amps to spike.

See if this helps you at all its the testing and adjustments for clutches from scag .http://www.ganos.com/electricclutchtesting.pdf

yes this helps. i had gotten some basic voltage checks looking for anything obviously corrupt but this gets it in alot smaller playing field, thanks