PDA

View Full Version : Another ZTR Question

bigjoedo
05-05-2010, 01:56 PM
Hello,

I have been looking at the TORO Timecutter Z4200 for mowing a 2 acre lawn with a lot flower beds and trees. This will replace an old Country Clipper which I'm not sure can be fixed. For a Residential ZTR less than $3500 is this my best bet? I've also looked at John Deere EZTraK Z225, Cub Cadet RZT42 I would love a commercial duty, Hustler, Bad Boy , Skag etc. but that is outside my price range. Can you include pros and cons of why one is better?Thanks

Bigjoedo

thomasglenn
05-06-2010, 03:14 PM
I'm by far not an expert in the ztr market but will give my opinion. Sounds like you are looking at the big box stores. I have researched residential for about the past month and ended up with an exmark quest sp. I got mine for 5349$ delivered. I say check your local commercial dealers and get as close to your price range as you can and finance the rest. I had a choice of scag or exmark, the scag dealer was rude to me on the phone, that made my decision for me. This is my first ztr so I am easily impressed and love it. FYI, I have heard some very bad stories about some very bad experiences with the box store ztr mowers. I have a friend with a toro from the store with the orange logo, it is less than 2 years old and has been in the shop more than out.

rtharris
05-06-2010, 05:28 PM
u can get a 48 in badboy @ tsc for 3495 and it is tough as nails and cuts as smooth as a commercial mower i know because i own one
Posted via Mobile Device

Sport42
05-07-2010, 10:39 AM
You can also get a Hustler Sport 48 for that price ($3,500), or a 42 for 3,000. The Hustler and Bad Boy are built much better and stronger than the Toro.

lawnstriper23
05-07-2010, 03:49 PM
Hustler SPort 42 owner here and I love it......