PDA

View Full Version : What are used pavers worth????

meets1
05-05-2010, 11:10 PM
I installed a 200sq ft patio for a couple 5 yrs ago. They are now doing a major renovation project. I therefore transplanted what plants/bushes I thought were best suited for different areas and that would survive the uprooting process. I also tore out all the pavers - which were as good as the day they were installed. There master plan includes a few short walls and an entire new paver patio, firepit, transition area from the walk out basement etc. Needless to say this will all be new material. Homeowner is wondering what the pavers are worth - ie as in credit to him if I keep them.

Now the pavers are in good condition and I couldn't see the demo crew just tossing them all into the dumpster so we torn them all out and placed on pallet and sitting there for a decision! There are 3 different sizes.

DVS Hardscaper
05-06-2010, 12:37 AM
they are not worth anything.

If he doesnt want them - he should be happy you're taking them off his hands. Otherwise he can store them next to his garage for the next 22 years.

Like when people call me "yeah we live on the mountain and we have a bunch of nice stone we're wondering if you wanna buy"

Ok, it's like this: But the time I load a loader and drive all the way up the mountain, collect stone, load stone, load the loader, and drive all the way back.....I could have bought stone at the local stone dealer for less cost. If you're giving the stone away - I may be interested. Same goes with that dude's pavers.

Moneypit
05-07-2010, 12:14 AM
I agree. I either charge to haul and dump them, or tell the homeowner to leave them by the curb with a sign that says "FREE". They are usually gone within a week.
The first time I demoed a patio, I brought all the pavers back to my yard. They sat there for at least 5 years before I threw them away.

Woodland
05-07-2010, 06:32 AM
Resist the urge to "buy" them back! Unless you have another job lined up where the homeowner doesn't mind you using "used" pavers, they are worthless to you. And if you do have a job lined up where you can use them, the homeowner is going to expect a really good deal on them! Dump them, although I like the idea of putting them curbside.

meets1
05-07-2010, 09:59 AM
Well what I ended up doing is tearing out and one of my mexican workers really doesn't have much of a walk into his house - I told him he could have them with a little help with the skid to dig out, add some sand, compact, and there his. So nothing went to waste and the company was able to help a family out.