PDA

View Full Version : advice on zero turn mower which used is best- for homeowner

case310350
05-05-2010, 10:37 PM
I have two large lawns to cut and the old case 446 take to long. I am looking for a used zero turn and would like to get some advice on ones to stay away from and the ones that are good. also some features it should have?

kylecal91
05-07-2010, 04:06 PM
You will get a million answers on this one... I would definitely recommend a commercial model. Used you can get some decent ones for a very good price that will last you a long time. As to a brand I would buy whatever one you seem to find a good deal on. Most of the top brands like scag, exmark, toro, gravely, john deere (and many others) are all good machines as for what to look for. Look for one that has been maintained well, one with 1500 hours or less shouldn't give you any problems if it was taken care of, I personally would look for one that has comfort, there are a few brands out there that offer suspensions on their mowers not just suspension seats (ferris, simplicity, bad boy) but I would recommend at least getting one with a suspension seat (it will save your back!) hope that helps. Just my two bits... good luck with finding what you want!