PDA

View Full Version : Lesco deflector

GrazerZ
07-07-2002, 09:38 AM
Just got the Lesco deflector last month, used it once so far. I'm not to pleased with how it seemed to put fert down in spots in almost a staight line. How do I know? Well i noticed at the property that I used it on, that I have some nice fert burns along the edges that I used it. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there some trick or precaution that I'm just not getting? PLease help...:dizzy:

EJK2352
07-07-2002, 09:37 PM
GrazerZ,
You need to close the 3rd hole slide or you will put down too much fert when the deflector is down. I have a cable operated remote kit on the 3rd hole. Lesco sells the kit and it sure saves alot of time as you can close it on the fly!!!:) ;) :) ED

Turfdude
07-08-2002, 11:18 PM
It's been awhile since I've fertilized myself (have a lawn care manager for that position now), but we don't use/like the kit. Just walk backwards w/ spreader and it throws front and left only (I.m pretty sure it's not front & right). This works great for around pools, small curb areas, etc. and never any burn!!!

Bob

KirbysLawn
07-09-2002, 12:49 AM
Do as Ed said and close the 3rd hole, should solve the problem.

GrazerZ
07-09-2002, 11:22 AM
Thanx for the info. I called my Lesco distr the other day after your post ED and explained that noone told me about closing the third hole and the damage caused. He sayed that he was going to send the third hole slide kit to me free of charge to make up for it. Nedless to say, that did help and was appreciated.

EJK2352
07-10-2002, 12:21 AM
Your welcome. Glad I could help.:) ED