PDA

View Full Version : Louisville Expo....

Jon99
07-07-2002, 10:11 AM
As a guy starting out a one man show in the spring, is the 5 hour drive to Louisville worth the effort to pick up some ideas????

1grnlwn
07-07-2002, 10:24 AM
Yes, We drive 6. 4th year straight. Just prepair for overload. We brought back 4-6 ideas per year. Implemented maybe 2 per/yr. Of course we did not belong to lawnsite those years. So we will see about this year. Cool clothes and comfey shoes. Its always hotter than Hadies and its big.

Mark

Jon99
07-07-2002, 10:27 AM
If you don't mind me asking, where are you located???? I am in the Joliet/Kankakee area...

1grnlwn
07-07-2002, 10:36 AM
Sp**ngf*eld, m*g*t be mo*e t**n 5 **s fo* you. Of cou*se * don't know ex*ctly *ow long *t t*kes, ou* k*ds go * t**nk *t t*kes * couple of d*ys o* so. LOL

Jon99
07-07-2002, 11:52 AM
My schedule that weekend is a little snug, might have to drive down Friday morning and drive back Friday night.. It takes me a little less than 3 hours to get to the edge of Indy, thats where I guessed about 5 hours...

If I leave at 4 AM and get there by 9, can I see most everything by 3 PM????

1grnlwn
07-07-2002, 01:15 PM
I suppose? We stay the weekend. I like to go to the seminars and Pro talk speakers. Its my vacation. You must have all Irrigated Props. Ours are all dried up and I could take a week if I wanted.

Mark

marc
07-07-2002, 08:46 PM
I attended the expo last year for the first time and will be going back every year. If you want to see everything thouroughly, it will take you all day inside and another day outside to try everything. I would recommend that you plan a two day trip at least. We leave from sycamore/dekalb, Il on thursday and takes us six hours travel time. Well worth it.

Jon99
07-07-2002, 09:37 PM
Actually, I have ZERO properties.... :)

I am starting the business from ground zero in the spring, but that weekend I have a youth football coaching clinic to attend so Friday is all I will have...

Brickman
07-07-2002, 11:00 PM
Jon99 I am planning hoping to drive 20 some hours to this. Of course when I lived only 4 I did not go.
I have a well established biz for sale if you want. Comes with all equip, customer list, every thing you need to go right to work tomorrow morning. It does not come with a truck or phone, but the phone number does go with the biz. Of course that doesn't help you in IL. :D

Firefighter Dave
07-08-2002, 07:35 AM
I have never been to an expo for lawn care, but do they have equipment for sale there? I really need two backpacks PB650's. I have not seen them less than $499.00.

Thanks,
Dave
:blob2: