PDA

View Full Version : ASV RC60 Weak lifting capacity?

MR HYDROSEED
05-07-2010, 08:39 PM
I just bought a 2006 RC60 last night, used it today and was very shocked at how weak the lift capacity was. I'd drive into a pile of loam and try to lift and nothing, try to tilt the bucket up and nothing. I'd have to pull out and lift to get it to go up. My little New Holland l553 would lift it fine, it would nose dive a little but would rock back and lift it. Its like the relief valves are adjusted to wimpy. I tried to lift a pallet of rocks and it would do anything. The NH would lift until it flipped, I want that again. Please help, I pray there's a way to crank up the lift capacity.

LR3
05-07-2010, 11:25 PM
I have the 50 and just put down 30 yards with ease. Are your cables good? Fluids full? It should life that with little to no effort. Did you test drive it before you bought it? The previous owner may have sold you a broken machine.

RigglePLC
05-08-2010, 09:56 AM
Not an expert--but we had a problem like that--internally kinked hydraulic hose. It restricted the fluid flow to 20 percent of normal.

MR HYDROSEED
05-08-2010, 02:29 PM
I sent the kid a message about the week lifting and he said he just replaced the relief valve spring last yr, it broke and the arms wouldn't lift at all. I think/ I hope he just put it back in and just never calibrated it for the specified psi. He then asked if It was adjust too low for my liking. I'm hoping to just be able to adjust it a little more firm to lift 2k or a little more. I would rather just be able to lift until i'm about to flip over.