PDA

View Full Version : Hustler 251K eating hydro drive belts

wasmeneh
05-07-2010, 09:28 PM
I put this in the Hustler area also but I might get some help here,

I've had my 251 K for about 4 years with no issues. I was mowing last week and she stopped suddenly hydro belt had blown. It took a week to get a new belt and I replaced it as per the diagram in the owners manual after checking the pulleys and idler pulley. All appeared fine and the idler spins freely with no wobble. Started her up and she started smoking the belt shredded in about 60 seconds. The hydro's worked fine, both forward and reverse. I got her back to the shed before she blew the belt. ( I know I should have turned her off with the smoke but I wanted her back in the shed not parked in the middle of the yard, (the hudro relief valves are stuck solid) I guess that the idler pulley must be bad since when I look at it now it has melted belt suck to it, it must freeze when under load. I'll have to order another belt and "if" I can get the pulley off I replace the idler as well. I looked at some parts diagrams and can't find the part number for the pulley. Any body got the number or can point me in the right direction??????

The unit is about 1 1/2 hours away from me, so I can only work on it when I go up there.

Good old Allis lawn tractor is keeping the lawn mowed, nice cut but twice the time.

Thanks in advance
Mike