PDA

View Full Version : Multi-tasking

agrostis palustris
07-07-2002, 09:19 PM
Today as I was driving to meet with a friend I went past a house where the father was outside watching his infant. The child was in a stroller that the guy was holding onto with one hand. In the other hand he was holding his RUNNING Ryobyl curved shaft string trimmer. The trimmer head was probably 5 feet from the kid's stroller.

E-man
07-07-2002, 09:38 PM
Some people have no common sense. I seen a guy a couple of weeks ago mowing his lawn with his craftsman push with his little
duaghter sitting on top of the engine. Unbelievable:mad:

thfireman
07-08-2002, 12:49 AM
Ticks me off to see people riding their kids on their riding mowers with the mowing deck attached and running. Somewhere near Charlotte about 2 years ago some guy was riding his kid on his mower and the child fell off and he ran over them with the blades running. What the he** is on peoples mind.

While Im on my band wagon I am also blown away by people that put a push mower down a hill and then start pulling it back up with their feet slipping and sliding toward the mower. My Aunt was one of these people and she ground her foot off in a split second. THINK PEOPLE THINK!! Dang it..... Geez!

yardboyltd
07-08-2002, 01:38 AM
On embankments, I always keep the mower up the hill in front me. Push it up, waggle it over, walk back down backwards. It's the safest way I've found.

Other wise multitasking: I made a spreadsheet with blanks in four catergories... like TO DO's phone calls long term projects, routine etc... it's really help me get organized and get things done without think'n about what I've got to do. I'm a tech guy though, but never had a palm device, but I'm get'n ready to buy a PC that fits in your palm... not just an organizer. Get on the internet, color screen, send e-mail, load Microsoft Office, quickbooks whatever. Most run windows, but I'm get'n mine with linux...

Okay I'm rambling, it's late, what's this have to do with the subject, I don't know... Well maybe this guys palm device scheduled a stroller walk and weedeat at the same time... Anyways, I know what you mean about the ignorants...