PDA

View Full Version : 10%

Toy2
05-07-2010, 10:23 PM
Fuel stations around here are pushing the 10% Ethynol pretty hard, with that said I'm having major issues with the following:

Kawi trimmer, low RPM's it will just die.

Echo handheld blower, same thing, its as if both are choking out, could it be the gas?

I've had both for a couple years and never had a problem with either.

Any advise would help.

topsites
05-07-2010, 10:35 PM
I've had to adjust the idle screw periodically on most of my machines,
and so I've wondered the same thing but at the same rate it could just be
vibration causing them to become miss-adjusted?

1grnlwn
05-08-2010, 09:05 AM
Ethanol is believed to clean deposits that straight gas can leave behind. In this wonderful Cali, fixed orifice society, constant carb problems are the result. It can also attack some hoses and seals. Here in Illinois we can't get straight gas. Don't you love politics? I believe that they are phasing out MTBE (polutant) which increases octane and replacing it with ethanol.

Toy2
05-08-2010, 09:42 AM
Ethanol is believed to clean deposits that straight gas can leave behind. In this wonderful Cali, fixed orifice society, constant carb problems are the result. It can also attack some hoses and seals. Here in Illinois we can't get straight gas. Don't you love politics? I believe that they are phasing out MTBE (polutant) which increases octane and replacing it with ethanol.

Oh yes, can't wait for the days of $5.00 a gallon gas, yes its coming and the sad thing is it has nothing to do with the BP rig that went done.....

The 10% wasn't around last season, I might just dump the mix I have and pay the extra for a higher octane and see what that does...

Thanks for the quick responses.....:usflag: