PDA

View Full Version : 48" exmark metro trouble

bradjmh
05-08-2010, 12:16 AM
I have a 2002 exmark metro 48" with kawasaki engine. having trouble recently mower was backfiring at full throttle put new plugs in seems to be fixed, then i cut in tall grass and since then it will not run at full throttle, adjusted tranny belt helped but now when it runs at full throttle it fine then i engage blades and it does not rpm up like it used to sounds like throttle is not all the way up but is and bogs down a bit cutting grass like it is high but it is not, any way to adjust the full throttle speed? tried adjusting 2 screws by carb by seemed to only adjust idle... what could it be have new plugs fuel and air filter just sharpened blades too..

DT Lawn Care
05-08-2010, 12:23 AM
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=144040

Try cleaning the carburetor, sounds like it could probably use it.

bradjmh
05-08-2010, 12:26 AM
kawasaki fh451v how do i rebuild carb? do i buy a kit? how do i get throttle and choke linkage off?

DT Lawn Care
05-08-2010, 09:30 AM
You may not even need a kit, normally they just need to be cleaned. Not too familiar with these engines, but normally you just pull the 2 bolts/nuts holding the carb on, the gas line, and work the 2 linkages off. Maybe not on this one, somebody might be able to give you suggestions there.