PDA

View Full Version : I ran over my parents weed eater

Okieboy42509
07-07-2002, 11:39 PM
Yup today I was mowing my parents yard for them I was using there equipment becaue I didnt feel like talkin my trailer over there. Well, they have one of those RYOBI split boom things, well i had the boom apart and was about to put the edger on and then my mom needed me too move my car, so I put it in reverse and "what the hell???" "OH SHITE" yup broke the trigger/handle and the upper part of the boom that is sticking off of the motor is at about an 60 degree angle.:rolleyes: :blush: Well my dad goes "ok give me one of yours to replace it" i said "a 250 dollar trimmer for your 150??? Naaaa. Ill buy ya another" sorry bout the long post just thought I would share my, ok new word, "dumbness" later

Ricky

Bob Minney
07-07-2002, 11:43 PM
Deny everything - blame it on your sister or little brother:D

Turf Ranger
07-08-2002, 12:01 AM
same kinnda thing happened to me 2 times!! first i was pulling the trailer up so my help could blow and i run over a gas can..... the next day i was unloading my dixie and i hear a POP, ya i ran over an edger head... i thought i popped my tire but glad i dindt... those things are expensive

thfireman
07-08-2002, 12:41 AM
I ran over my Echo back pack sprayer last month. Bent the frame up but didnt hurt the tank or hose. I beat the fram into submission until it was somewhat straight. Works OK! Just a simple brain fart on my part!:eek:

Got Grass?
07-08-2002, 04:46 AM
Anyone ever get home after a long day unhook the trailer (or so ya thought) & start to drive away, when ya hear a loud thud & the trailer starting to follow ya?
OoPs forgot to unhook the safty chains...

awm
07-08-2002, 06:59 AM
yep that have happened.:)

Premo Services
07-08-2002, 07:49 AM
When I first started doing this, I had a helper with me. I was parked in a circlular drive. The customer asked if I could move so she could get out. Well we were using a lot of tools, and the gate was down. I tod the helper to watch as I pulled up so the trailer would not hit the tailgate. I pulled up and he was motioning for me to keep going. When I get out of the truck, and walk to back of it, the gate is torn up. I freaked and asked why he did not stop me.
His answer was that "I told him to watch" and that is what he did. :angry:
One of the first things that came to mind was to bang his head on the tailgate and trailer, mabey it would have knocked some sense into him. Instead I told him to start walking and real fast. He got that instruction and did it real good.

WatkinsLawn
07-08-2002, 06:05 PM
I know a guy who drove his new truck and trailor to a bar one night after a long day of mowing. He got drunk and tried to drive home. Problem was he forgot the trailor was on and backed out as though nothing was there. He remembered about the trailor when he saw the trailor gate just outside his driver side window. The truck bed was crushed!!
Serves him right for trying to drive drunk.

We do 4 U
07-08-2002, 06:15 PM
I have, on more than one ocuasion, went to my truck to go to the store or go to work or whatever and pull out of the drive way and hear a loud boom. My trailer had just gone through the drainage ditch in font of my house. I didn't turn wide because I "thought" I unhooked the trailer eailer. And every time I do this i break a tail light on my trailer.:blush:

GrassMaster84
07-08-2002, 07:39 PM
Once I was unloading some leaves off my trailer, and when I went to pull up the truck got stuck in the mud, so I unhooked the trailer and was able to drive to solid ground. So the I figured why not get the four wheeler an pull it out, after it was hooked up to the four wheeler and i was pulling away the trailer jack had bent to a 45 degree angle:mad:

Next week took the trailer to the welding shop to bend the jack back in place, the welder fixed it, and as i was pulling away I had forgot to pull the jack all the way up, I only had it about halfway, and it snatched right off

:angry: boy I was pissed!!!!

Solved the whole problem by buying a flip up jack:rolleyes: