PDA

View Full Version : MAG-12008 Lawn Mower Blade Cleaner RELEASE

Magna-Matic
05-09-2010, 12:11 AM
Hello All,

Many have been inquiring about the new MAG-12008 Lawn Mower Blade Cleaner, well we have some of the information up at the site now, and more will be added over the weekend.

MAG-12008 webpage:
http://www.magna-matic.com/product/mag-12008-lawn-mower-blade-cleaner

MAG-12008 online store link:
http://www.magna-matic-direct.com/MAG-12008-Lawn-Mower-Blade-Cleaner-p/mag-12008.htm

We have most of the info up now, more pictures will be added. We have a demo video and pricing up on the online store. There is a pre-order discount available.

MORE TO COME!

Magna-Matic
05-09-2010, 12:19 AM
I forgot to mention the instruction manual is posted at the site as well, under the support tab.

CQ_DX
05-10-2010, 10:49 AM
Hello Gerd,

Nice to see the product info, pricing, and video. Several questions have come to mind:

1. What is the expected life of the brushes?
2. Would you anticipate both brushes needing to be replaced at same time?
3. Are the brushes "generic" "over the counter" or are they OEM?
4. What does each replacement brush cost?
5. I did not see the spindle area cleaned in the video demo. As I always clean this area I have to ask if the machine can clean this region, and if so do it safely?
6. Can high lift "Gator" style blades be cleaned in this machine, cleaned without excessive wear or damage to the brushes, done so safely?

Thanks, Bill

Magna-Matic
05-10-2010, 12:23 PM
Hello CQ_DX

Here are the answers to your questions.

1. Expected life on the brushes 3-5 years but this is directly dependant on use. We estimate the brush life to be very long, of all the first MAG-12000 cleaners released in 2001 have yet to contact us for replacement brushes. The reason we estimate a long brush life is because we are not really removing steel, but rather dirt, grass, and etc.

2. Yes, they wear evenly, and adjustment is made for wear. There are actually 6 brushes in the machine, set up in gangs.

3. They are not generic, but they are not made specifically for us. You can find them in some industrial supply catalogs, but for a bit higher price. The brushes are made in the USA.

4. $26.00 each. (six required for full replacement)

5. The area around the mounting hole of the blade simply has a little of the powder coating on the blade left over. If you would like to remove all the paint/powder coating, simply leave it in the cleaner for a few seconds longer. The brushes will reach to the center of a mower blade up to 30 inches long overall.

6. Any lawn mower blade 30 inches long and 3.75 inches wide can be cleaned in the MAG-12008, regardless of lift configuration or mulching curves. The brushes will not damage the blade. Under normal operation it will not remove steel from the blade. A blade would have to remain in the cleaner for hours and hours for a noticable amount of steel to be removed. So, yes, your Gator style blades are no problem.

Let me know if you think of any more questions.

Thank you,

CQ_DX
05-10-2010, 01:00 PM
Thorough answers Gerd - Thank you.

However with regards to #6, it seems you answered as if I was asking about the brushes wearing on the blades. Nope, just the opposite ... my concern with the Gator style blade is the blade's "Gator Teeth" might damage the brushes or wear out the brushes prematurely.

Regards, Bill

Magna-Matic
05-10-2010, 01:17 PM
Hello,

No, we do not anticipate that the gator blades will not damage the brushes.
We have used various brands of notched lift blades in the cleaner with no problem.