PDA

View Full Version : Attn all professionals

Snuzz
05-09-2010, 02:19 AM
Im in the market for a mower and think its time to splurge on a zero turn. I have a little over 10 acres around 2 houses on my farm that I will be mowing. I have 3 mowers in mind and I know that all 3 will work for me thats why Im asking for some assistance on a final decision.

Kubota ZD326
Grasshopper 321D
Dixie Chopper Classic

I do understand there are several other mowers available but the ones I have listed have local dealers.

Accident
05-09-2010, 02:31 AM
Honestly im new to this site
and im partial to dixie
its partially because the local dixie dealers are n1 guys
If price isnt an issue i would recommend a x-caliber :/ used one today and i loved it

Hell on Blades
05-09-2010, 02:57 AM
I've never used the dixie, but they sit way to high for my liking. The Kubota is almost bulletproof.

CaptPat
05-09-2010, 09:01 AM
I just purchased a Grasshopper 329B--so far I'm really happy with it.

integrityman
05-09-2010, 09:20 AM
Call the dealers and ask to demo their units. I have demoed both the kubota and g-hopper and loved both. The Grass hopper had a smoother ride though.

Definitely go diesel!!!.

Snuzz
05-09-2010, 10:08 AM
The only mower I have not been able to demo or even see in person is the Grasshopper. My neighbor has the Kubota and he swears buy it. The dixie looks good and the price is even better(quoted 8200 new). I'm not to impressed with the hours of operation for the Grasshopper/Scag dealer. They close at noon on Saturdays. I would think that would be the day to stay open or maybe I'm just used to Las Vegas business hours.

Thanks for the comments and I appreciate the wealth of knowledge this forum brings to people like me. I surf behind the season all the time and has helped me with some of my purchases. Stihl 110 last week and I never imagined I would look forward to weed eating around the house.

CaptPat
05-09-2010, 10:55 AM
About dealer hours--here in No VA most dealers close early on Saturdays, between 1200 and 2 pm. One of the major dealers isn't even open on Saturdays. So judging a dealer by the hours may not be the best way to do it. For example my dealer is 42 miles away, only open Saturday morning--he delivered on a Saturday, promised to overnight any broken parts, will come to my house to perform the first service on site (free of charger BTW) and any work that requires the mower to go back to the shop the pick up and delivery will be free. The dealer has a great reputation and hopefully I won't need most of those services.

ajslands
05-09-2010, 11:00 AM
Out of those choices, get the Dixie,
Posted via Mobile Device

Snuzz
05-09-2010, 11:25 AM
About dealer hours--here in No VA most dealers close early on Saturdays, between 1200 and 2 pm. One of the major dealers isn't even open on Saturdays. So judging a dealer by the hours may not be the best way to do it. For example my dealer is 42 miles away, only open Saturday morning--he delivered on a Saturday, promised to overnight any broken parts, will come to my house to perform the first service on site (free of charger BTW) and any work that requires the mower to go back to the shop the pick up and delivery will be free. The dealer has a great reputation and hopefully I won't need most of those services.

I war really excited to see the grasshopper so when I pulled up at 12:15 to see that they closed at 12 I was a little disappointed. Not the dealers fault, was mine for not checking the hours of operation.

The Dixie I looked at was running the Generac motor. Hows that compare to the kubota engines. I have read good things about both power plants.