PDA

View Full Version : Moss between patio pavers

LarryF
05-09-2010, 03:49 PM
If there's a hardscaping forum here at LS, I haven't been able to find it, so I'm asking my question here. I have a pretty big paver patio (about 1,500 square feet) that is close to eight years old, and I just got finished power washing it to remove thick moss that had grown in the cracks between pavers. It was easy enough to do, but it was messy and took hours. Not what I would call a fun job, so I dread having to do it again someday. And now I'll also have to replace the sand between pavers that came out with the moss. Does anyone have suggestions on how to prevent moss from growing there again?

And while I'm on this topic, I noticed that some of the pavers have settled a bit, so I'm going to have to pry them out so I can level them by adding small amounts of sand underneath. Anyone know of a special tool to grab them with so that I can extract them without damaging the settled paver or the neighboring ones?

brickpuller
05-09-2010, 08:31 PM
We have a puller and a mixer. Check our EZ paver puller add above. I also have a some videos on my site and on you tube. http://www.youtube.com/user/brickpuller

LarryF
05-09-2010, 09:01 PM
We have a puller and a mixer. Check our EZ paver puller add above. I also have a some videos on my site and on you tube. http://www.youtube.com/user/brickpuller

Thanks. Looks like its just what I'll need. It will leave a drilled hole in the removed paver, but that's ok since I have a few hundred left over from when I had the patio laid. I doubt if I have more than a dozen to be pulled, so it'll be hard to justify buying one of your pullers, but maybe someone near me rents your tool.

brickpuller
05-09-2010, 10:07 PM
Thanks. Looks like its just what I'll need. It will leave a drilled hole in the removed paver, but that's ok since I have a few hundred left over from when I had the patio laid. I doubt if I have more than a dozen to be pulled, so it'll be hard to justify buying one of your pullers, but maybe someone near me rents your tool.

Check out our website and see if any dealers are near you. They might be able to help.
Posted via Mobile Device