PDA

View Full Version : price per sq ft price

almighty
05-09-2010, 06:56 PM
hello everyone what dose everyone charge to cut lawn per sq ft.
thanks

almighty
05-09-2010, 08:38 PM
can any one help me out thanks

Think Green
05-09-2010, 08:47 PM
We don't charge per square foot, however I know how many thousand square feet our machines can cut in what time. I know how long it takes to line trim XX linear feet in a minute and time for blowing.
This is estimated into a cost per lawn basis.

almighty
05-10-2010, 08:53 PM
so what would it be for some thing like that thanks

Think Green
05-11-2010, 10:41 PM
I would say get a stop watch and do some timing on individual tasks such as weed trimming, edging,etc.
Time yourself on grass up to a specific size of lets say 5,000 sq.ft.
There is a lot of timing to be done and you can rationalize the time required for certain size lawns. The thing that most start ups do wrong is base all the prices by the actual size of the lawn and not mind those extra curves and intricate winding beds,etc. obstacles in the lawn such as trees, bird baths,etc. are considered time busters and turn arounds for Z's. We do a commercial business with 8,000 square feet of grass and 500 linear feet of line trimming. Takes 2 mowers 12 minutes with the line trimming and blowing. We charge based on the time it takes for this particular job as it has no slow down obstacles. 30 actual machine minutes and labor!Drive time to the job.......45.00!
Remember is is commercial so I have figured in a difficulty factor for paper and other debris into this price. We remove the waste and debris also.
I don't care if this was a 5K lawn.......I wouldn't waste my time to arrive-unload--work for less than 35.00 a pop!!!!!!!