PDA

View Full Version : Ez paver mixer

brickpuller
05-09-2010, 07:15 PM
Hardscapers. Please take a look at another tool that we are bringing to the market. This tool is great for mixing the colors before you compact. It's easy to operate and adjusts to fit all pavers up to 16"x16". We have been using it in the field and it works great. Take a look and tell me what you think. I will post the video to my website, which you can find by pressing our ad button, but for now go to youtube and check it out. $150 + shipping and handling.

http://www.youtube.com/user/brickpuller

brickpuller
05-10-2010, 09:53 AM
Comments, Tell me what you think! I really need feedback. What do you think about this type of tool?

brickpuller
05-13-2010, 03:01 PM
Any feedback??

Bru75
05-14-2010, 12:23 AM
Any feedback??

Perhaps you could explain it's purpose.
Mixing colors?

brickpuller
05-14-2010, 07:02 AM
After laying a patio or driveway there are often areas that have too much of one color i.e a grouping of all red when it should be blended more evenly. The tool is a quick way to swap one brick with another to achieve a nicer blend. It is really helpful when you are laying large areas and the blend is harder to see do to dust or if it is really bright out.

Thanks.

copeblk
05-14-2010, 09:29 PM
i speak for myself here, but i assume a lot of other layers here agree, but when i'm laying pavers i take notice of what color i am laying down and try to mix up the pavers the best i can. and since it is a blend of colors( if that's what your working with) chances are its pretty random as its being laid. and i always take equally from all pallets ( open all pallets on a job) so there is no defining color variation, just my 2 cents but i really don't see a need for it......

Bru75
05-14-2010, 11:55 PM
Sorry, but I have to be honest. I just don't see the need for it.
If you want to switch a few pavers around before compaction it's not that hard to just pick them up.

brickpuller
05-15-2010, 07:53 AM
I apreciate the feedback. At my company we run several crews and the guys that lay the brick do a great job, but they don't always get the blend perfect. Often you work from 3 pallets and you might get to the tail end and have a dark section, etc.. I have trained everyone that before you compact you check the blend and mix if necessary. In the past we have always used the Probst or Bon brick pullers to mix. They work but are a little short and bulky so we came up with this puller. The three crews that have used it really like it and now use it on everyjob. In regards to picking bricks, I'm sorry, but it is not easy to just pick some of these new pavers such as the Begard Mega series or Uniolck Avante-Ashlar which wieghs 45 lbs. and if you are installing an 8cm herringbone driveway, you can spend a lot of time moving just a few pavers. Thanks again for the feedback.

nepatsfan
05-15-2010, 07:57 AM
Is this a new product? My dealer definitely has these on a shelf but they are a different name and color. They are blue.

brickpuller
05-15-2010, 08:02 AM
The blue ones are the Prost knock offs and those are pullers, they can be used to mix, but are shorter and do not adjust out as far, I think they only go 10". I have found this tool to be bulky and unfomfortable for the worker. The EZ-Mixer is more upright and easier to use, adjust and will work on pavers that are up to 16" x 16" which is where a lot of the products are going towards.

nepatsfan
05-15-2010, 09:00 AM
i see. I am sure they are a useful tool. Anyone knows that when you try to pull a paver to do a repair or otherwise it is a pita.

brickpuller
05-15-2010, 10:10 AM
What's a pita.

nepatsfan
05-15-2010, 11:00 AM
pain in the ass

brickpuller
05-15-2010, 12:10 PM
Got it. I missed the abbreviation revolution, lack of text eperience. That's exactly why we came up with the EZ paver puller and the EZ mixer, because pulling pavers are a pain in the ass and they cost time and money.

brickpuller
05-21-2010, 04:11 PM
$150 + shipping/Hand

zedosix
05-21-2010, 05:55 PM
Most brick is mixed quite well from the factory, we never have problems with color mixing with unilock. Even with techo I find their colors are very well mixed, a bit dull but well mixed. I would personally pass by this tool on the shelf. I might try one if a buddy had it in his tool box, but wouldn't really see the need for it. Good luck.