PDA

View Full Version : Blade upgrade, 60" bad boy diesel?

h0mr12
05-10-2010, 04:44 AM
Still have the original blades and wondering if there is anything out there with more lift, better cut, etc. Or maybe I should just stick with the originals. Any good sites to order blades out there? Thanks for any feedback.

swandrie
05-10-2010, 08:45 AM
high lift is the only blades for me!

retrodog
05-10-2010, 10:39 AM
Hey, I have run exmark lo lifts, and dixie chopper X-blades on my bbs, and have also found the deck pitch changes the way they cut dramatically. On the really weedy yards, a couple of my guys have pitched the deck level to get the most suction. Just do a little playing around, it depends on your turf conditions as to which blade to use and which pitch on the deck, even the hi lifts work better in certain situations. I love the adjustable front lip on my 72" cat, and the Outlaws because I can change the suction a little with a few loosened nuts.

h0mr12
05-11-2010, 10:03 AM
I think I will try a more level deck. Lots of weeds and I might be a little steep on the pitch.
I previously leveled the deck side to side, and pitched the front lower. Lowered tire pressure and that helped a bunch. I always thought you wanted an inch or so higher in the back as the optimum deck setting. If it doesn't work, I can always go back. Thanks for the suggestion!