PDA

View Full Version : can a z520a john deere last commercially

stonebridge
05-10-2010, 11:54 AM
i have a customer i cut for and hes looking to get rid of his z520a estate series 54'' 25hp john deere mower it has 180 hours and looks almost new. hes only asking 4000 for it. i cut 12 yards currently and looking to get 3 more to fill up my schedule. my question can the mower handle that kind of work load. they are all 1/2 - 1 acre lots. i baby my stuff, but was wondering if i can get at least a 1000 hours out of the mower.

rcslawncare
05-10-2010, 07:09 PM
Should be no problem. What engine is on it and it is a commercial one with the heavy duty air filter? If not, you should still be fine. Just take care of it and keep up the maintenance, it should be good!!

firebox700
05-10-2010, 07:44 PM
i have a Z510a thats under a year old, and before it had 50 hours on it they replaced a seal at the rear wheel, the deck lift spring, crank seal and transmission. But all this has happened while using it last season on only my yard and one week of commercial use this year. To say the least, I think mine is a POS and although it has been covered under warranty, JD won't do anything for me as far as trying to get out of it. I guess if the yards you are going to be doing are relatively flat and small it may be ok but.................

LawnCareNoobie
05-10-2010, 09:16 PM
i have a customer i cut for and hes looking to get rid of his z520a estate series 54'' 25hp john deere mower it has 180 hours and looks almost new. hes only asking 4000 for it. i cut 12 yards currently and looking to get 3 more to fill up my schedule. my question can the mower handle that kind of work load. they are all 1/2 - 1 acre lots. i baby my stuff, but was wondering if i can get at least a 1000 hours out of the mower.

I wouldn't waste your money on that. I am a JD supporter, but for that price you are better of getting a used commercial mower.