PDA

View Full Version : Spray in bed liner.. which is best

lawnbridge
05-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Which spray in bed liner is the best as far as holding up with shovel, rakes and such.... I always see Rhino out there but is it the best deal... Thought I would ask you guys....

Keith
05-10-2010, 08:51 PM
I guess it's personal opinion, but I like the Line-X in my Ranger. I had it done the color of the truck and it has held up well. When I get my F350 done, it will definitely be another Line-X.

mowerbrad
05-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Rhino-Liner and Line-x are the two major brands out there. Obviously there are several off brands, brands you can buy at most auto stores or even walmart.

In regards to Rhino-Liner and Line-x, there is one major difference. Rhino-Liner is more of a rubbery substance, so it has more "play" in it than Line-x. For example, if you slide a rake in the bed of your truck and it happens to catch on the liner, the rhino liner being "rubbery" may catch the rake and as you move the rake it can tear the liner.

With Line-x, it is stiffer and less rubbery. I've had line-x on my truck for 4 years and it has been the best think I could ask for. It has held up to blowers, trimmers, shovels, rakes, 21" mowers, bark, mulch, grass, leaves...the list goes on. It has held up awesomely. It is expensive, but well worth the money. I spend $1000 on line-x for my truck, it really helps keep the truck bed looking nice.

grassman177
05-10-2010, 09:28 PM
the linex or similar is way better and we have tried a few. the local ford dealership started offering this service and use something almost identical to linex and it holds up wonderfully and is more chemical resistant by far

4 seasons lawn&land
05-11-2010, 09:10 PM
I have Langeman. Its extremely rubery but will not peel like brad said. I pitchforked the heck out of it with mulch in the bed. I stabbed and pried at it with the sharp tines just to see if I could damage it and couldnt.

and dont spend a grand on a bed liner. That would be getting ripped off.

mowerbrad
05-11-2010, 10:06 PM
I have Langeman. Its extremely rubery but will not peel like brad said. I pitchforked the heck out of it with mulch in the bed. I stabbed and pried at it with the sharp tines just to see if I could damage it and couldnt.

and dont spend a grand on a bed liner. That would be getting ripped off.

I should mention that when I spent $1000 I did more than just the bed of my truck. That also included the step bumper and along the bottom 3 inches of my bed and I also spent a little more for the line-x to be applied a little thicker than the standard application.

A typical pickup truck bed costs about $600 to be sprayed with line-x.