PDA

View Full Version : Do you own a 2010 Toro?

FastMan
05-10-2010, 09:55 PM
In February I ordered a 2010 Toro G3 and a 2010 Toro hydro walk behind. Toro has still not been able to deliver them to my distributor yet. I just wanted to see what's happening in other parts of the country,,, if you've been able to buy a 2010 Toro.

tstutz
05-10-2010, 10:24 PM
I do not like the toro brand personally. But I do know that wright is backordered on the 52 and 48 inch standers about three weeks. If I was going to order a new mower i would get it done asap and not around this time of year. I know you ordered in Feb. so I have no idea why you are still waiting. How are you mowing now?

robertsturf
05-10-2010, 10:29 PM
I was at our dealer today and they had several 36" and 52" GS.

tstutz
05-10-2010, 10:38 PM
Sounds like you might not have great dealership support FastMan

FastMan
05-10-2010, 11:14 PM
tstutz, our cutting season here in the mountains, at 8500 feet, is only about to begin. I still have my old equipment, with people waiting to buy it. I'll sell it when the new rigs come in. It's not the dealer support, it's the regional distributor who can't get product from Toro. Toro got blindsided by a 30 percent spike in demand this spring, so their story goes. I'm just curious if other areas of the country are getting priority in receiving product,,, thus this thread.

FastMan
05-10-2010, 11:17 PM
I was at our dealer today and they had several 36" and 52" GS.

I wonder if they're last year's? That you didn't mention them having the 60" Grand Stands, which only came out this season, makes me suspect they may be.

Mahoney3223
05-10-2010, 11:34 PM
30% spike in demand??? righhhhht

Coastline Lawn
05-10-2010, 11:39 PM
I was at my dealer last week. Whos is the largest dealer of Toro around here. Easily 6-8 Grandstand's sitting around there...And they sell alot of them. I see them all over now. Sounds to me like your distibutor has some credit problems...With the factory. Find another one...I cant imagine waiting 3 months for a readily available machine....

topsites
05-10-2010, 11:50 PM
See...
The way it works, they can have my money when I get my dang mower,
as you might imagine that doesn't work with these folks so no, I do not own a 2010 Toro.

The wait has less to do with it than the price, but nevertheless I'm sure glad I didn't order one.

Because I am NOT paying 4 thousand dollars just so that I can wait however long they feel like!

FastMan
05-11-2010, 08:58 AM
Topsites, I haven't paid a nickle. Their (dealer/distributor) motivation is therefore high.

Coastline, you're the second to say you've seen Grandstands around. Thanks for that info. If they are in fact 2010's, perhaps they gave production of those priority this season? Unfortunately, not what I ordered. I'm waiting on a G3 and a walk behind hydro.

I can see working with a different dealer, if that was the problem, but how do you get a different distributor? One has rights to a large territory. I'd have quite a trip to buy from a dealer who is supplied by a different distributor, if they could even get the equipement. I've still in this thread yet to hear from someone who has a 2010 G3 or hydro walk behind on their trailer, so I suspect it wouldn't make much difference.

LwnmwrMan22
05-11-2010, 09:07 AM
Fastman -

What engines are on those?

I was talking with my dealer the other day about the situation that some of you guys are in.

He said that he has a couple of wb's that he's still waiting on, that Toro getting engines was an issue.

However, he didn't mention anything about the G3's.

So far he's been able to get about anything I or my buddies needed.

FastMan
05-11-2010, 12:32 PM
Thanks, LwnmwrMann22. The walk behind has the 18 kaw. On the G3 part of the problem is a glitch in the new Kohler 29efi I ordered. Vapor locks at high altitudes when running ethanol blend fuel. Kohler supposedly had the fix a month ago.

Coastline Lawn
05-11-2010, 12:50 PM
Thanks, LwnmwrMann22. The walk behind has the 18 kaw. On the G3 part of the problem is a glitch in the new Kohler 29efi I ordered. Vapor locks at high altitudes when running ethanol blend fuel. Kohler supposedly had the fix a month ago.

Im sorry. I thought you were waiting on a GS. Thats why I said that. Toro lacking engine suppy makes more sense. Now that it has been said. I have heard of the problems with the 29 EFI Kohler's...I really think I would stick with the carb models. And this is coming from a 14 year Ex-Ford Dealer technician...lol. I can assure you I know more about fuel injection than the average guy. I have the 30 Kohler on one of my Hustler's. An excellent engine. But not quite the engine that the 31 Kawi is on my other one...Power wise that is...Just really seems pointless to me to EFI a lawnmower and have more issues that can pop up down the road. I have also heard horror stories from guys around here about running them out of gas and not being able to get the fuel system primed again...

AllSeasonServices
05-11-2010, 01:49 PM
Toro has taken over atleast where I am. Dealerships that used too sell 4 or more makes are only stocking Toro now. I bought one and plan on buying another. I did ask my dealer why they were pushing the Toro because initally I had gone in there for a Scag. He said that the Demand for the Toro was just going through the roof. The reason for this was that the Toro was making a machine of equal or better quality than the competitors, with a cut thats untouchable. And then with the 0% financing you could not come close to there price. I also know that Toro is eliminating a model or two at the end of this year like the 52" fixed deck walkbehind.

LwnmwrMan22
05-11-2010, 02:21 PM
I went with Toro for the warranty.

5 years or 1200 hours will be plenty for the Grandstand I bought.

Plus over the years I've gotten fairly close to the rep for the distributor, so he got me a 2009 with .1 hours on it for last years price. :D

yardatwork
05-11-2010, 04:47 PM
I know my Toro dealer is having trouble getting bagging systems for the Z500 and G3. Seems like Toro is using the "JIT" system...just in time. They aren't housing huge inventory like years past. Toro is starting to shoot themselves in the foot...prices are outrageous and getting parts or add-ons are taking forever.

Mickhippy
05-11-2010, 05:04 PM
I was talking to my dealer/importer the other day, and he'd been talking to a manufacturer over there. They told him due to the financial "crisis" many companies slowed production. But the grass keeps growing and now they cant keep up with demand.

lawnguy224
05-11-2010, 07:18 PM
I have ordered 2 GS a 36" and 48". I ordered on April 4th and Just recieved my 36" on Saturday, I have been told the 48" is about 1-2 weeks out still

lifetree
05-11-2010, 08:11 PM
30% spike in demand ??? righhhhht

I agree with this assessment !!

dingybigfoot
05-25-2010, 02:04 PM
i waited 5 weeks on a 36" GS.
was worth the wait. the turbo force deck is sweet.