PDA

View Full Version : Anybody tried this setup?

grassmansam
05-11-2010, 12:32 AM
This idea of a possible fall cleanup setup just popped up in my head the other day... yesyesyes i know its spring time, but it was a random idea that i had in me brain.

Has anyone ever taken a debris thrasher (http://www.billygoat.com/site/intro.aspx?pid=55 ) and instead of hooking it up to a dump trailer you had it shot into the back of your truck with an oversized truck cap? (http://www.capworld.com/TruckCapsLids/Leer/_122.html ) I figured it would be a pretty cost effective setup, but i could be wrong. any thoughts? thanks.

mikes landscaping
05-11-2010, 12:37 AM
why would you ever?
Posted via Mobile Device

grassmansam
05-11-2010, 09:46 AM
So you dont have to spend thousands of dollars on a seperate tailer for debris. You dont have to invest as much time making your own custom box for the tailer. Overall, you would have a pretty simple setup = less down time= mo' money. Yes? No? maybe so?

jeffslawnservice
05-11-2010, 01:27 PM
Just my 2 cents. Why not just build sideboards on your truck and throw a tarp over the top and your good to go. Alot cheaper and no need to buy an extra trailer just for debris.

Petr51488
05-11-2010, 10:55 PM
Do you have any idea how much power is at the end of that exhaust portion of the vacume? You'll either bust out your back window, side window, or out of the truck all together. How will you empty this? you'll have alot of blow out being that there are no air holes for the air to escape. I have a loader mounted on the back end of my dump trailer with a mesh tarp on the top. I blow all the leaves into the street, mow them with the mower, then suck them up with the loader. Being that they get shredded twice, i can almost fill up the trailer with a whole month load of leaves, which is a lot. Don't use your idea.

mikes landscaping
05-11-2010, 11:04 PM
i build a box on the truck and use a mesh tarp. i use the leaf loader to blow them in and layer tarps inside to pull layers out. works until i get an easy dumper