PDA

View Full Version : Toro T bar who likes them who hates them?

sfddelta1
05-11-2010, 11:12 AM
I have the option of buying some equipment from a guy that's getting out of mowing. He has two prolines with the t bar. I have never had one so I know nothing about them. They would just he put on trucks as back up equipment. Bit I don't want to buy crap.

Thanks
E
Posted via Mobile Device

PTP
05-11-2010, 11:32 AM
As far as belt drives go, the T-bar is the best IMO. It is easy to operate and it is easy on the hands - very little squeezing.

Turfcutters Plus
05-11-2010, 01:12 PM
love em i have 2

mark123
05-11-2010, 01:17 PM
Toro T-bar are the best controls for a walkbehind in my opinion.

CLARK LAWN
05-11-2010, 01:28 PM
same as everyone has said, easiest thing there is

FastMan
05-11-2010, 01:34 PM
I'll 5th that. I loved my T-Bar. One hand operation.

The mayor
05-11-2010, 01:38 PM
T bar...the best. I have only used it with the belt drive.

chobley
05-11-2010, 01:44 PM
I wish I could see a video of someone using a Tbar belt drive or a tutorial .

MOW ED
05-11-2010, 02:30 PM
T bar all the way. If you ever used pistol grips and tried a t-bar I think you would really appreciate the difference.
Anyone can learn a t-bar in a matter of minutes.

PropServ
05-11-2010, 02:45 PM
We have two 36" Toro Prolines with T-Bar. I know that my hands and wrists got really sore for the first few weeks of using them. Especially on hills. But they are good machines. I have actually never tried the Piston Grips but most people that I have talked to really prefer them. Who knows.

KS_Grasscutter
05-11-2010, 02:49 PM
Love my tbar 32 inch. Never ran a pistol grip wb, and don't plan to lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

CLARK LAWN
05-11-2010, 03:54 PM
We have two 36" Toro Prolines with T-Bar. I know that my hands and wrists got really sore for the first few weeks of using them. Especially on hills. But they are good machines. I have actually never tried the Piston Grips but most people that I have talked to really prefer them. Who knows.

if they were making your hands and wrists hurt then they were not set up properly.

PropServ
05-11-2010, 04:30 PM
if they were making your hands and wrists hurt then they were not set up properly.

Really? They both take about the same amount of effort to use and one is like 5 years older than the newer one. My guys like them but they kinda wear me out. :)

fl-landscapes
05-11-2010, 04:51 PM
got a 32 proline t-bar. I dont use it much anymore besides on my own property but I love it and my workers use to love it when it was out with crews for swails. Never had anyone complain about fatigue and personally I find it very easy on the body. Got a two wheeled sulky behind it.

PropServ
05-11-2010, 04:56 PM
Ok, let me clarify. I have just been using it at home. I get the left-overs from the trailer since we don't keep the equipment close by anymore. So my yard is maybe 6000ft sq and my back yard slopes down kinda heavily from the house. I get a little beat up by the mower because of the hill. In the front its just fine but going down the hill in back you are pulling on the bar for brakes and when you get to the bottom you have to turn and then roll back into the pocket in order to head back up the hill. Its kinda tiring. No sulky. Just walk'in it.

whoopassonthebluegrass
05-11-2010, 05:15 PM
Are these the SFS deck or TurboForce?
Posted via Mobile Device

whoopassonthebluegrass
05-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

GrassIsGreenerLawnCare
05-23-2010, 09:34 PM
i hated my t-bar on the 32 proline. it was crap. ECS controls on exmark WBs are the best hands down for ease of use and comofort. T-bars can cause problems of not keeping the mower straight after a while. plus the brake system sux too. manueverability is wayyy better on the ecs than the toro tbar junk. i would rather use uncomfortable pistol grip WB than a tbar anyday. JMO some people love the tbar tho. i must say....the tbar was a little better on the 52" model than the 32", but i still didnt like it. im way more comfortable pulling an easy lever on the ECS and manuevering in tight spaces rather than the t-bar that u have to keep pulling back on the stupid braking lever every 2 seconds when in tight spots. again...just my opinion. toro makes an awesome reliable mower but i just didnt like the tbar system at all on either models. i guess some people only think they make pistol grips and t-bar.....but they forget about the ECS which is wayy easier to use in my opinion

joed
05-23-2010, 09:45 PM
i hated my t-bar on the 32 proline. it was crap. ECS controls on exmark WBs are the best hands down for ease of use and comofort. T-bars can cause problems of not keeping the mower straight after a while. plus the brake system sux too. manueverability is wayyy better on the ecs than the toro tbar junk. i would rather use uncomfortable pistol grip WB than a tbar anyday. JMO some people love the tbar tho. i must say....the tbar was a little better on the 52" model than the 32", but i still didnt like it. im way more comfortable pulling an easy lever on the ECS and manuevering in tight spaces rather than the t-bar that u have to keep pulling back on the stupid braking lever every 2 seconds when in tight spots. again...just my opinion. toro makes an awesome reliable mower but i just didnt like the tbar system at all on either models. i guess some people only think they make pistol grips and t-bar.....but they forget about the ECS which is wayy easier to use in my opinion

Always wondered how the ECS system works on the Exmark? Never tried one but would love to see how it compares to the T-Bar which I have tried on a belt drive. I liked the T-Bar but it was a big pain to have to consistently stop and either pull the unit back or shove it into reverse on small lots. In my area, most residential lots are have 2000-6000 sq feet of turf, many of which are heavily landscaped. In many cases, 21" commercials beat the 32/36" Toros time wise. On large corner lots, the 32/36" units won hands down. Two units I've seen that work well on small lots are the 32" Wright and 34" Phazer.

topsites
05-23-2010, 10:13 PM
ECS is hydraulic.

ktoom
05-23-2010, 11:10 PM
We use a Toro 52" Hydro with the T bar. I find its a bit jerky from time to time when your trying to keep a strait line if you are striping. In the past ive only used pistol grip belt drives and hydro's so im more used to that. I like the pistol grip cuz you could get it pointed strait and it would stay strait... till u hit a bump. I find with the T bar, that im constantly counter steering cuz you have to push the bar equally for it to go strait. Im sure if i used the T bar more, i would get used to it.

Bob_n_weave
05-24-2010, 01:59 AM
Always wondered how the ECS system works on the Exmark? Never tried one but would love to see how it compares to the T-Bar which I have tried on a belt drive. I liked the T-Bar but it was a big pain to have to consistently stop and either pull the unit back or shove it into reverse on small lots. In my area, most residential lots are have 2000-6000 sq feet of turf, many of which are heavily landscaped. In many cases, 21" commercials beat the 32/36" Toros time wise. On large corner lots, the 32/36" units won hands down. Two units I've seen that work well on small lots are the 32" Wright and 34" Phazer.

Your issue was with the belt drive,not the T-bar. Buy hydro

Garrett'sGrassGrooming
05-24-2010, 03:29 AM
Just purchased a T-Bar last week. Took very little time getting used to my first walk behind and in no time it becomes almost second nature. Very easy on your hands and wrists

Robert Pruitt
05-24-2010, 08:53 AM
i have had pistol grips on Bob Cat and X-Mark. kept callous on my palms all the time. bought a Toro Proline 44in. got it home home and thought what have i done? it was a lot different in the dealer parking lot. now i would not have it any other way. love it

LCCaptain
05-24-2010, 05:52 PM
Just picked up a used pistol grip turbo force and I would rather have anything other than these grips. Didn't use a t-bar to much only a couple times for the first company I worked for but I am having a horrible time with this machine.

jetjockey352
07-28-2010, 02:12 PM
I really like my Proline t-bar for regular mowing. Don't have a problem going straight or making 180* turns. The only thing I don't like is that it's a little hard to push down on the handle bar compared to a pistol grip. Could just be a balance issue tho.

Ex CCS Racer
07-28-2010, 02:17 PM
Mine has pistol grips. I may demo a t-bar to see how it feels.

Bumpmaster
07-28-2010, 06:30 PM
Pistle grips are great for manhadling the machine in uneven terrain