PDA

View Full Version : For those who have dump trucks**Question**

A.Landscaping
05-11-2010, 12:46 PM
I had a quick question but do not know if it has been asked already, For those guys who have dump trucks like ford f350-550 or Chevrolet 3500 etc. How do you guys load stuff onto them? I know some have ramps but for those who arent as "big" Do you guys use ramps?? :rolleyes:

A.Landscaping
05-11-2010, 12:47 PM
and by ramps i meant like to heavy 2x4's to load things not liftgates

JB1
05-11-2010, 02:30 PM
we use a tractor or skid steer.

A.Landscaping
05-11-2010, 02:48 PM
Yeah thats something else i forgot to add. What if you dont have any of those things??

MarcSmith
05-11-2010, 02:48 PM
buy a ramp used for furniture delivery/moving trucks. strong enough to handle just about anything and wide enough to use a wheel barrow on em...

Gravel Rat
05-11-2010, 08:26 PM
I agree try find a walk ramp from a moving truck or a food delivery truck or rent a U haul and take the ramp off the truck take the truck back 4 hours later :laugh:

A.Landscaping
05-12-2010, 08:21 AM
I agree try find a walk ramp from a moving truck or a food delivery truck or rent a U haul and take the ramp off the truck take the truck back 4 hours later :laugh:

LOL :laugh:

White Gardens
05-12-2010, 08:51 AM
I used ramps the last couple of years. I came across a couple heavy duty steel ones that do the trick.

The key is to find a ditch or low-spot if you can to back into in order to get the bed down to the ground some. I then used the ramps, and a ratchet strap from the ramps to the hitch. This way the ramps are less likely to move on you.

Just be careful, and fill the wheelbarrow as lightly as you can so it's easier to get it up the ramp.

If you get into any bigger jobs, just factor in machine rental and go rent a dingo with a dump-height suitable enough to get material in your truck.

I did 3 jobs that way last year, and finally bought a dingo this year to eliminate that. The 3 jobs totaled 12 tons of material and that was time consuming and dangerous.

MarcSmith
05-12-2010, 08:54 AM

we'll come visit you in the local lockup...:) around here they are attached to the truck so they can't be borrowed