PDA

View Full Version : need help

mountain air
07-08-2002, 10:30 PM
im loosing my shirt i must drum up some work fast.
do i use flyers or signs do i go door to door what?
if i dont figure out a way to get some work both maintenance and
landscaping. you see every quote i put out i never here back from the customer can any body give any pointers

Lawn-Scapes
07-08-2002, 10:52 PM
Door to door will probably be best but if you're that desperate.. it wouldn't hurt to do all three. Do you know your market? If you are not getting any call backs.. you may be too high.

You could also try asking your competition if they have anything they would like to let go.........

FrankenScagMachines
07-09-2002, 05:47 PM
You'd have to be really really desperate to try Tom's idea because almost always if a company drops or gives away a customer, it's because they are a PROBLEM CUSTOMER! Now not always, but quite often that's how it is. If they have too much work, and the customer is good then that's different. But watch out, you may end up paying for it.
Good luck,
Eric

Heller Landscaping
07-11-2002, 10:54 PM
I don't know what your situation is like but there is always the possiblity of the "underbid"
Better to make a little and live than to try to make a lot and lose the biz. just a thought. just don't bid so low that you loose.

adamc6
07-12-2002, 01:40 AM
Try posting an ad in the Service Directory of you local newspaper. That was where 90% of my calls came from. In my first year I ended up with 45 accts, and that was plenty busy for me. Good luck with everything.

Adam

awm
07-12-2002, 08:24 AM
u will read a lot about the buisiness on lawnsite. many are trying to establish
over time some standard prices for a givin job. i commend them.
but u are dealing with your situation.
i assume u have figured cost .
different areas are ,well just different.
u dont get up to bat ,u dont get a chance to hit one out..
around here the mindset is different for
my target customers than in say urban areas. adapt an adjust. just do whats necessary,and good luck