PDA

View Full Version : Trim Side of deck Protector

Mattsmowing99
05-11-2010, 03:53 PM
Im looking for a way to keep the trim side of the deck clean from scratches(not me the employees:dizzy:) I thought i saw a company on here a couple of years ago, but i cant seem to find them now..

blakerugg
05-11-2010, 06:04 PM
Im looking for a way to keep the trim side of the deck clean from scratches(not me the employees:dizzy:) I thought i saw a company on here a couple of years ago, but i cant seem to find them now..

subscribed, scags have them, but i want one for my new wb

unkownfl
05-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Get some lexan from Lowes.

Sammy
05-12-2010, 01:21 AM
Grasshopper has a roller that bolts on the trim side.

cgaengineer
05-12-2010, 02:05 PM
Not to be a smart ass, but who cares if it gets scratched? Obviously you do or you wouldn't be asking, but why do you care?

blakerugg
05-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Not to be a smart ass, but who cares if it gets scratched? Obviously you do or you wouldn't be asking, but why do you care?

in my case, because i just spent a lot of money on a machine and i want it to stay looking good, idk about the older guys and how they feel but for bein 16 i find buying a brand new commercial mower to be a big accomplishment lol and i wanna take care of it

cgaengineer
05-12-2010, 03:40 PM
I want to take care of my $6000 walk behind, but scratches are the least or my worries. General maintenance is all. Give it a few months and you won't be worrying about scratches anymore...once the new wears off. For the time being wrap the trim edge with duct tape.
Posted via Mobile Device

TLS
05-12-2010, 03:45 PM
I've seen the SCAG one in the showrooms. I think it would prevent me from getting close to objects. I want to get as tight up against poles, posts, houses, etc as to not have to trim.

cgaengineer
05-12-2010, 03:49 PM
My trim edge looks like it was used in Iraq for tank armor...you should see the underside of my trutrak...I'm going to have to apply a bead of nickel/stainless to keep from wearing through tubing.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mike Blevins
05-12-2010, 05:57 PM
Maybe I'm to anal but I care about the scratches that I get on my lawnmower. Especially the trim side. This is were you can do a great deal of damage. Luckily my Scag has the skid plate on it and has protected the deck very well. I took it off this winter because I washed and waxed my mower and it looked just like it did from the showroom. I also purchased a new skid plate from Scag dealer and replaced it since it was just about worn through. I take care of my equipment just like I take care of everything else that I own, Very well.

MikeKle
05-12-2010, 06:41 PM
Id spend that money on an oil change or air filter instead, take care of the things that really matter, and dont worry about the outside of the deck getting scratches on it, its going to happen anyway, so dont worry about it, the steel on the decks is pretty thick and scratches arent going to harm the deck in anyway whatsoever! On the sides of mine, the paint is all worn off and it is scratched up bad, but it doesnt matter, it happens when you bump up against things, fences, trailer rails, etc. Its not a big deal, put your effort into maintaining the engine and hydro system instead.