PDA

View Full Version : Preferred Catcher

browng
05-11-2010, 05:14 PM
Looking to get a catcher to go on my Hustler Trimstar 54" WB. I live in Alabama so the grass can contain a fair amount of moisture at times. Right now I am looking at the GrasscatcherUSA and the Accelerator. The Accelerator is $399 versus $365 for the GrasscatcherUSA, however if you compare based on capacity they both are about the same per bushel. I really like the Accelerator because it looks like it is very well built (and looks cool) however the GrasscatcherUSA looks like it would be lighter. What are you guys using and how do you like it? It may be that they are all about equal and it doesn't matter. Looking for some opinions.

blakerugg
05-11-2010, 05:54 PM
i got the accelerator with my new exmark and i LOVE it. my other option was the small lil steel grass gobbler, and im soo happy i got the alum. one. its twice the size of the grass gobbler and weighs less. HOWEVER its pretty heavy when its full, but i dont care cuz it takes forever to fill it up! Accelerator all the way, totally worth the money!! *newusflag*:gunsfirin

browng
05-11-2010, 06:14 PM
Thanks for your reply. Did you get the 4.15 or 6.2 bushel? I'm leaning toward the 4.15 given it is $150 less and the 6.2 could get heavy when full.

blakerugg
05-11-2010, 06:26 PM
mines the 4.15. heres a cpl pics of it:

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=314330

brian mon
05-11-2010, 06:58 PM
Go with the Accelerator. I just got the 6.2 and use it everyday, yes it is heavy when full but I found out a trick. I will cut everything first then bag, but what you can do is just take the door off the back and let her fly, it makes much less of a mess than side discharge or take the pin out of the door, I'm still seeing what works the best. With another bagger neither would be possable, except side discharge...

brian mon
05-11-2010, 07:16 PM
Here's the mower w/bagger...They rock!!!

ShooterK2
05-11-2010, 09:53 PM
If price is a factor (it was for me, as I don't bag very many lawns), you might look into a Grasspacker. It's light, easy off and on, and can be bought for $299 at Grasspacker.com. It doesn't hold as much as some of the others (it claims 3.5 - 4 bushels, but I hardly ever get mine completely full before dumping), but it works well and is so light (about 20 lbs empty) it's worth dumping a little more often (at least to me). Also, I find that I never have to shake it to get clippings to come out. Just open the lid, turn upside down, and everything slides right out.

Also, since it's made of plastic, it doesn't dent like the metal ones. I've banged it into things (usually trees) and it still looks new. I also throw it over the side of my trailer sometimes (if I've already put the gate up) or into the bed of the truck. It takes it all in stride.

blakerugg
05-11-2010, 10:05 PM
Also, since it's made of plastic, it doesn't dent like the metal ones. I've banged it into things (usually trees) and it still looks new.

funny you should mention it, i just put a nice dent in my accelerator yesterday :hammerhead:

lawnboy dan
05-12-2010, 09:44 AM
none! bagging is unness

dwost
05-12-2010, 10:15 AM
I too have the Accelerator and love it.

browng
05-13-2010, 04:56 PM
Price is not as much a factor as getting a catcher that is easy to use, works well and is durable. Thus far it sounds like Accelerator is the most popular and has good reviews. Anyone else using the Grasspacker or GrasscatcherUSA?

Alpha Property
05-13-2010, 05:08 PM
i have a accelerator for my scag w/b and a grass gobbler for the stander, accelerator is my fav of the two by far