PDA

View Full Version : is a 54" zero turn too big for residentials?

M.A.Landscaping
05-11-2010, 06:09 PM
im thinking about getting a cub cadet commercial z force 54 is that too big of a ztr for residential lawns or should i just look at some 48" ztrs?

any input?

Thanks,

Marc

don_don91
05-11-2010, 06:14 PM
our company does both residential and commercial and my father in law cuts on the side and works a full time job. he has almost the same exact mower with a striping kit and it works perfectly fine. with a very defined cut. i would recomend it

93Chevy
05-11-2010, 06:28 PM
Well...I hate to sounds like a jerk, but it depends on the size of the resis. A 1/4 to 1/3 acre resi with lots of trees and a shed or pool is probably too big for a 54." However, a 1/2 open resi with minimum turning will allow a 54" to finish the job quickly.

M.A.Landscaping
05-11-2010, 06:32 PM
most of my resis. are big but i have a few that will have to use my WB on and ive been getting a lot of new accounts lately and i cut after school and sometimes i find myself having to take a "day off" of school to catch up, i figured that i might be able to get them done a little quick with a ZTR

hamiltonlawncare
05-11-2010, 06:35 PM
as said above 54" should be OK I do almost all me residnetial with 66" Super Z they are pretty open w/o a lot of trees ect. and it goes fast use the 48" WB some but on trailer most of time

unkownfl
05-11-2010, 07:10 PM
I use a 60 z two (cc tank) and the yards here are small. If you plan on keeping your current mower you should be fine. Sometime I use the 60 in the front and the 36 on the sides and backyard if I have to.

Nosmo
05-11-2010, 07:39 PM
With no obstacles or just a few then the 54" would be OK. But if you need to get into gates or close quarters you are going to need something smaller.

Nosmo

lifetree
05-11-2010, 09:22 PM
... sometimes i find myself having to take a "day off" of school to catch up ...

How do your parents feel bout that ?? I hope the truant officer doesn't catch up with you ??

M.A.Landscaping
05-11-2010, 10:11 PM
How do your parents feel bout that ?? I hope the truant officer doesn't catch up with you ??

i live with my mom and shes fine with it, but its a once in a while thing, im a senior and i have a month left of school the last tree weeks Ive taken one day off a week usually a Friday because being a senior we don't usually do much in class on Fridays. and about the truant officer catching me? my mom calls in and says my allergies are acting up (i never get allergies by the way) so all in all i dont get in trouble by the school nor my parents :)