PDA

View Full Version : What Is Your Schedule Like?

monk lawns llc
05-11-2010, 06:44 PM
Just wondering how many days you guys work and how many days you allow for rain. I think I am going to do a schedule like mow every mon.,wed.,and friday. So that tues, and thurs. can be my rain days for when it does on the regular days. Does any one do something similiar like this? How many yards are you able [by yourself] mow in one day?

thackerlawncare
05-11-2010, 06:47 PM
I mow tuesday thru thrusday and allow monday and friday for side jobs or mowing make up. When i work by myself I can easily get to 10 normal sized yards in a day and not be working until dark. it's worked out well for me. I like mowing consecutive days so things can run together a little easier than if i had a day in between

milkie62
05-11-2010, 06:47 PM
Right now I may have taken on to much work for a part-timer.I am just using a big calendar and penciling them in as I do them.I have no schedule setup yet since I am still behind and we had some rain.I am trying to save Friday as my catch-up day if that ever happens.Plus it is my day off from my regular job.

Zak's Pro. Lawn Care
05-11-2010, 06:48 PM
i just finished up school for the summer and changed my schedule to tues,wed,thurs and mow 9 on tues, 8 on wed, and 8 on thurs...i leave mon, fri, sat, and sun for makeup days or extra work. if it rains tues i just push the schedule back a day so tues lawns would be done on wed etc. oh and i mow solo

Littleriver1
05-11-2010, 07:06 PM
I do a 2 week schedule at a time. We try to work Mon. thru Thur. and I go fishing on Fri. If we get a rain out then we work on Fri. I have only been fishing on 1 Fri so far this year.

lawnkingforever
05-11-2010, 07:14 PM
I mow tuesday thru thrusday and allow monday and friday for side jobs or mowing make up. When i work by myself I can easily get to 10 normal sized yards in a day and not be working until dark. it's worked out well for me. I like mowing consecutive days so things can run together a little easier than if i had a day in between

I have the same set up. I will start scheduling brushclearing jobs and any other extra work on Mondays. Friday is my maintenence day for equipment. But after things slow down in the summer, it is usually 3 day weekends up at camp with the daughter and wife.

GreenmanCT
05-11-2010, 07:21 PM
i do landscaping jobs monday thru wed, and a few lawns, then all mowing thursday and friday, saturday, im usually doing more landscape jobs, and sunday i mow my commercial properties............0 days off, o well, im heading to foxwoods right now.

deere615
05-11-2010, 07:39 PM
Usually mow monday, tuesday, wednesday, thurs/friday landscape, odd jobs, makeup rain etc, If I am not doing landscaping on saturday or sunday I am at my camp mowing or working on something(atv friends truck carpentry always something)

twcw5804
05-11-2010, 07:44 PM
My schedule has worked amazing until tomorrow. I work full time for Verizon Wireless run my own part time lawn care company. I have off from VZW every Monday and Wednesday. I am now up to 25 accounts with no help now because my wife got a full time bank job. Most days I take off out of the house to mow 10-14 yards and leave by 730am and pull back in the driveway about 12 hours later. I got a Snapper Pro 52' last week to help cut down time. I usually have 1-3 stragglers I got to do during the weekend when I'm not working mall hours.

My dillema is the weather sucks in in IL right now. Tomorrow I got 14 to do and its supposed to rain all but 3 hours tomorrow. I haven't been behind all year and now I'm going to be WAY behind. I'm up for a promotion at VZW which makes it tough, but I'm half tempted to cut back to part time there and keep expanding. I just wanted to be debt free before I did just the lawncare.

DitchDr
05-11-2010, 07:49 PM
I have 2 crews out mowing 25 Mon through Thurs. My self and 2 other guys are out Mon through Fri doing tree work.

We roll out at 6am, on the first property by 7am and stop when were done. My guys though I was kidding about that untill I gorilla taped a mag light to a FS90 last week

Mike Blevins
05-11-2010, 08:53 PM
I got rid of a few pita customers this year and now just mow 2 days a week if possible. But its two full days till dark. A big set of townhouses and 18 commercial and residentials. Then its hook to the camper and grab the wife and kids and go camping. I have decided that life is to short to work your life away. I'm spending time with my wife and kids. Also starting next week if I'm not camping I will be doing something other than working. Fishing,golfing,etc,etc,. Been camping twice already this year in pigeon forge. We have decided to try and go 12 times this year. If you guys get a break come on down and sit under the awning at the campfire and I'll provide the beer and shrimp. My wife also make some awsome stuffed banana peppers and staeks on the grill :waving:

yardguy28
05-11-2010, 09:23 PM
i'm solo and my rains days are saturday and sunday. i do this full time with working a "winter job" every monday (keeps my foot in the door). i do pretty well if i only run into one rain day during the week. this week it looks like i'll be running into 2 rain days and this year i have had more clients than ever. i'm almost to that point where i won't be needed or even be able to handle having that winter job one day week. if it doesn't rain i'm usually doing shrub pruning and mulching on saturday and off sunday except for maintenance on the equipment.

ashgrove landscaping
05-11-2010, 09:33 PM
Mon. - sat. about 10hrs./day and wish i could on sunday but the wife won t let me. Soo much to do. All I get to do is maintenance on the mowers and our own yard work.

LBLC_LCO
05-11-2010, 10:28 PM
Solo: Mowing Monday thru Wednesday(12 properties per day) Thursday and Friday are saved for rain days or lately, landscaping jobs. Usually work from 8am till 6-8pm.

driver5
05-12-2010, 10:55 PM
Firehall for 24 hours. While im off for 48 hours before I go back... Im mowing.

Repeat

EquityGreen
05-12-2010, 11:44 PM
We mow 2-3 days a week, wed=thurs==fri. Too much rain lately, really wet. Then I fertlilze 400 properties every 5 weeks. We only have 20-25 mowing accts tho. Works out well

:dancing:

MrRob
05-13-2010, 08:00 AM
3 crews 8 guys average 40 hours a week. If no rain they all work 8-5 mon-fri. If it rains we work longer days to make up. No one wants to work saturday so they work late get jobs done. So we only work saturday if it rains friday. No sunday work no matter what, it can wait till monday.

TGG2008
05-13-2010, 10:47 PM
We do a 4-day week. Mowing Mon(8)-Tues(12) & Thur(16)-Fri(15). Weds & Sat are for rain or projects and Sundays off!

BCFLawnLandscape
05-13-2010, 11:03 PM
2 crews mowing 20+ per day each crew. We cut Wed-Fri and we Landscape Mon, Tues and Saturdays if we don't have rain, we spend today cutting 2 days worth of work to try to get caught back up!

M.A.Landscaping
05-13-2010, 11:06 PM
i work everyday after school and on the weekends too, i cant wait to graduate i have no time to work!

Kickin Your Grass
05-14-2010, 03:27 AM
Monday: 2 Man Crew / Landscape Maintenance and Extra Jobs

Tue-Fri: 3 Man Crew / Mowing

Saturday: Off but.... Doubles as make up mowing day in case we get rained out Tue-Friday or if we need to catch up on extra jobs.

Sunday: Off .. Church & Family Day

grassman177
05-14-2010, 07:46 AM
there is no such thing as scheduling for rai days, i schedule every day as a work day.seriously i do leav monday open as far as normal scheduling mows, but it is overflow day, spray day, landscape day you name it