PDA

View Full Version : fs130 review

ljhanson12345
05-11-2010, 11:07 PM
well guys went out and bought a fs130 today. I was trimming this morning and it was taking forever. the trimmer i was using was a kgt27a and the carb needed cleaning and it had no power. We needed another trimmer as this was the only one at the moment; so it wasn't a problem just going out and dishing some money for it.

Trimmers ive had include the kbl34a kawasaki which is a beast. The trimmer had 33cc's and was the smoothest trimmer ive ever used and the cheapest. My dad picked it up for $230 yeah that was a deal i wished he bought 2 more of them. That's when they quit making them. Next trimmer which I have been most disappointed in was the t-231 shindaiwa trimmer which was way underpowered for me. I just had a bunch of problems with it. Last year my brother dropped it in the ditch and water got in it, and i didn't put any time in fixing it. I hated the thing. After that i decided to get the kgt27a its a nice trimmer, but i was missing my kbl34a. It was a little shorter and not as much power.

Today i picked up the fs-130. I like the power, the feel, and the time i save. It has more power then the kbl34a; not as smooth though. I don't believe anything will be as smooth as that trimmer was. The trimmer was also real easy to start. I hope it keeps up i know their 2stroke takes a little time to start. Its longer than the 2 previous trimmers, don't have to bend down as much which is good for my back.

The weight wasn't that big of an issue with me. It is heaiver than my other trimmers, but as much time i save i don't carry as long. When i was edging with it the engine stopped on me a couple of times, but i should be able to fix that with a carb adjustment. Don't like the line that came with it. Fixed that problem after a couple or yards. trimmer head don't like as much as the shidiawa one or the kawasaki, but it works. Just takes to long loading.

i bought it for $440 which includes tax and a $6 dollar stihl t-shirt. I believe that was a decent price. As much as i tried they wouldn't give anything away oil, line, nothin. The shirt i got was $23 dollars regular, but since i bought a piece of equipment it was $6. Hard to beat a nice $6 stihl shirt. Yeah my dealer doesn't give anything away. Their huge and seems like their always busy. They just about always have parts i need and get my equipment in and out quick when it needs fixing. Overall you can say i like them. Their a little proud of their parts though.

The trimmer does sound a little different then the 2 stroke. More of like a grunt to it. Doesn't seem like it has power, but put it to work and youll be able to tell.

Wish i bought this sooner.

ShooterK2
05-11-2010, 11:23 PM
I love my FS 130 as well. I've cleared some really thick stuff with it, and can't bog it down. It IS a little heavier than I'd like, and I do notice it on the accounts with a lot of trimming. You know what they say, though: you can't have everything. It starts easy, and the vibration doesn't kill you. Overall, it's a great trimmer.

STIHL GUY
05-13-2010, 01:07 AM
i used one on some really long thick grass before and it had a ton of power