PDA

View Full Version : need help with deck problems

Outdoor_Maintenance_2010
05-12-2010, 12:58 AM
hey guys

kind of a newb to these walk behinds

i have a 1999-2003 hydro walk with 17hp/48" deck

and i have problems with my deck engaging or when its engage its stops turning and makes the engine die. numerous times i tried to start it(the blades) and it makes the engine die.......what could be the cause?

thks

mowerconsultant
05-13-2010, 07:41 AM
Are your safety switches hooked up? have you checked your wiring? sounds like a switch, hard to say without seeing the mower.

Pj

Outdoor_Maintenance_2010
05-13-2010, 04:03 PM
safety switches meaning the handle bars?? i cant think of a safety switch

something is is making the engine die when i engage the blades or when i can get them one for a few secs there okay until the engine starts forcing and dying ,in that case i turn off the blades and the engine runs back to normal idle...

mowerconsultant
05-14-2010, 04:24 PM
safety switches meaning the handle bars?? i cant think of a safety switch

something is is making the engine die when i engage the blades or when i can get them one for a few secs there okay until the engine starts forcing and dying ,in that case i turn off the blades and the engine runs back to normal idle...

Hmmmm....
Remove your deck belt and try engaging the deck and see if it dies then, if it does you have a clutch or electrical / safety switch issue.
If it keeps running fine with out the deck belt hooked up then you have resistance somewhere, in a spindle or a pulley or something restricting the belt.

Pj

Outdoor_Maintenance_2010
05-15-2010, 11:44 PM
Hmmmm....
Remove your deck belt and try engaging the deck and see if it dies then, if it does you have a clutch or electrical / safety switch issue.
If it keeps running fine with out the deck belt hooked up then you have resistance somewhere, in a spindle or a pulley or something restricting the belt.

Pj

Yea, that makes sense,never thought of that..:rolleyes:

im a newb ..lol

I'll try it

thks PJ

Outdoor_Maintenance_2010
07-18-2010, 06:46 PM
update, remover the deck belt and it still does it,

now what are my options? need a new clutch? i have no safety switch

let me know PJ thanks

mowerconsultant
07-19-2010, 08:35 AM
update, remover the deck belt and it still does it,

now what are my options? need a new clutch? i have no safety switch

let me know PJ thanks

It could be the clutch, it could also be your safety switches in the handle bars.

Pj

Outdoor_Maintenance_2010
07-19-2010, 09:17 AM
if it would be the clutch,from where i would order it?possible to know the price

mowerconsultant
07-21-2010, 04:32 PM
if it would be the clutch,from where i would order it?possible to know the price

From a Hustler dealer.
If you can email me I can email you the contact information for the distributor that sets up the Canadian Hustler dealers.

Pj