PDA

View Full Version : core aerators walk behind vs. ride on

grassmasterswilson
05-12-2010, 08:01 AM
Just curious on your opinions of the best brands and models of core aerators. In the past I have always just rented a clausen from my local store, but am looking to add one to my aresenal. single drive? split drive? ride on?

I would love a ride on being that I am a solo operator and the walk behinds seem to wear me out. Not sure if they work as good or not.

Just looking for some thought!

LawnSolutionsCP
05-12-2010, 08:20 AM
If you wan't to demo a ride-on let me know. We have several running in NC and could setup a demo.

We can also do a hydro walk-behind, but if your solo and do lots of aerations, a ride-on is the way to go. Focus your efforts on getting more jobs not how am I going to find time to get all of the done.

David

fl-landscapes
05-12-2010, 08:27 AM
Just wanted to chime in as a big fan of lawn solutions products. Here is a pic from this week thatching with one of your machines. St. Augustine grass. Thanks Dave for a great machine.

LawnSolutionsCP
05-12-2010, 08:41 AM
Thanks for the picture...thats impressive for St Augustine. Don't St Augustine too much up North (not at all) but I know it takes a lot of HP to cut through all those runners.

fl-landscapes
05-12-2010, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the picture...thats impressive for St Augustine. Don't St Augustine too much up North (not at all) but I know it takes a lot of HP to cut through all those runners.

13.5 hp subaru goes through it with little effort at all. Machine does a fantastic job!

lawn king
05-12-2010, 04:04 PM
The lawn solutions aerators are the way to go, i dont dread aerating anymore, in fact i look forward to it!

starry night
05-12-2010, 08:37 PM
I was supposed to let David know how I liked my new Lawn Solutions walk-behind aerator, so I might as well as say it here and share it with others.

The first time we used the machine, I thought something was wrong.
We started it up, put it in plug mode, and moved a few feet. In that short distance, it hadn't pulled any plugs (duh) but mainly it was making very little noise and was moving too smoothly.

Surprise, surprise. That's how it runs, quietly and smoothly. Seriously, it's not any different than operating a self-propelled lawn mower. I am trying to figure out how to rescind the bonus money I use to pay my employees for doing the coring jobs. Our old equipment bounced around so much and turned so hard, anyone was tired after doing one lawn.

jnt412
05-17-2010, 12:43 PM
I have a lesco tow-behind aerator. Its heavy and bulky BUT it does a nice job on large properties. Walk behind aerators can usually get in those fenced backyards.