PDA

View Full Version : cage-used-big but solid..should I?

mowisme
05-12-2010, 08:33 AM
Got a chance to get a already built cage. It is heavier duty than most and is quite big- I think it's 2' tall and atleast that deep or more. It would be slightly wider than my rails..only 1 inch each side. Perfect condition..Think can get for $150..maybe little less? what you guys think? Is it really that big of a asset? kind of concerned on weight as I lifted one end and it weighed my guess 125 lbs little more.

MikeKle
05-12-2010, 09:44 AM
Make sure before you buy it, you actually will use it. I thought I wanted one and couldnt wait til it was done and mounted it, a week later, I was taking it off. All the things you would store in a cage are things that can be stored elsewhere much easier usually, and it will still get wet in the cage if you keep it all in there all the time. I dont think they are worth it unless you really use the storage area. They do add alot of weight to any trailer.

mowisme
05-12-2010, 09:58 AM
Ya..that is what I'm pondering. I got a 14ft trailer. cage would hinder some of that..at least to a point. I will have to ponder it. I sure don't want uneeded weight.