PDA

View Full Version : Gravely 34z

1whitetail
05-12-2010, 10:07 AM
I am considering a used Gravely 34z. Is there anything specific that I should look for when going to see one (problem areas or areas of weakness). I would also like to know how much would a used one in your area go for and also what should be the most hours to consider. I don't want to buy a used one and inherit someone else's problems but I am not in a position to purchase a new one at this time. With proper maintenance what is usually the life expectancy of the machine, how many hours have you logged on your Gravely before needing costly repairs. Thank you, and sorry for all of the questions. I am just concerned because this will be the first piece of equipment that I consider purchasing used. :confused:

unkownfl
05-12-2010, 10:13 AM
I am considering a used Gravely 34z. Is there anything specific that I should look for when going to see one (problem areas or areas of weakness). I would also like to know how much would a used one in your area go for and also what should be the most hours to consider. I don't want to buy a used one and inherit someone else's problems but I am not in a position to purchase a new one at this time. With proper maintenance what is usually the life expectancy of the machine, how many hours have you logged on your Gravely before needing costly repairs. Thank you, and sorry for all of the questions. I am just concerned because this will be the first piece of equipment that I consider purchasing used. :confused:

There is one in the orlando Cl for 2000.

GravelyGuy
05-12-2010, 11:06 AM
Mine has around 600 hours and nothing major replaced. I don't think I've replaced anything.

Crazyjake51
05-12-2010, 12:56 PM
My Brother has a Gravely. (He dose not take care of his equipment the way I would) and his runs perfect. What I am impressed with the Gravely is how nice it cuts at a fast speed.
Crazy Jake

1whitetail
05-13-2010, 12:17 AM
Thanks guys for your replies.

T.Brandon
05-13-2010, 01:18 AM
Bought mine 3 weeks ago, and I love it! It has plenty of power and a very good cut!

1whitetail
05-13-2010, 01:55 AM
Good to hear. The local dealers have also mentioned how good they cut, which is important to me. :clapping:

GravelyGuy
05-13-2010, 09:28 AM
Good to hear. The local dealers have also mentioned how good they cut, which is important to me. :clapping:

You have to keep the deck clean on the 34Z!

T.Brandon
05-13-2010, 01:53 PM
Only problem with mine is the mulch kit it tends to clog at times, I think Im going to give fluid film a shot