PDA

View Full Version : We're Under Attack,help Fight Back!

Russo
07-09-2002, 05:41 PM
Smartmoney Magazine published an article in the May 2002 issue entitled "Ten Things Your Landscaper Won't Tell You".

The following excerpts and summeries are taken from Bob West's article in the June issue of Lawn & Landscape who brings this to our attention.

If any one out there has a scanner and can post either or both articles, PLEASE do so, so that the whole story may be told.

-starts with a homeowner's claim that pesticides left her dog " riddled with skin cancer and tumors"

-states that contractors may intentionally install high maintenence plants to create future work.

-States that contractors won't tell customers that " My workers chug your beer when they should be mowing your lawn"

Bob encourages us to express our opinion of this article to Smartmoney Magazine as we have worked so hard for so long to prove that we are not what they say we are.

***DO NOT ATTACK THE AUTHOR OR MAGAZINE AS THAT IS PROBABLY WHAT THEY EXPECT FROM LANDSCAPERS. SEND A COPY OF YOUR LISENCES, LISTS OF REFERALS, AWARDS YOU'VE WON. LET THEM KNOW THAT THIS IS AN INDUSTRY OF PROFESSIONALS WHO DESERVE RESPECT*****

E-Mail.....letters@smartmoney.com

Letters to editor.......Smartmoney Magazine, 1755 Braodway, New York,NY 10019.

awm
07-09-2002, 07:36 PM
mabe nows a good time for turf mag to step up to the plate.the same people dont read it, but if the other side is told . mabe the other info outlets will pick it up.

SIG
07-10-2002, 08:21 AM
I read the article and it sounded to me like they were saying to look out for scrubs. If your not a scrub and present yourself as a pro, that article should not bother you.