PDA

View Full Version : Buying Mowing Accounts

LIVETOLEARN
05-12-2010, 09:56 PM
Guys,

Has anyone bought a small (10-15 account) business primarily for the mowing/fertilizing business AND if so how did you figure what your fair market price was? Looking for feedback from those of you who've done this before and were successful and those of you who were not.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

unkownfl
05-12-2010, 10:01 PM
Guys,

Has anyone bought a small (10-15 account) business primarily for the mowing/fertilizing business AND if so how did you figure what your fair market price was? Looking for feedback from those of you who've done this before and were successful and those of you who were not.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

I have bought a few small accounts like 5 or 10 here and there from three guys. I have kept 90% of them but it took a lot of bending backwards. If they don't have a contract don't bother paying anymore than 1/2 of a months premium. If they have a contract I'd pay about 20% of whats left max and that's if the profit margin is right of course. A lot of people are going to knock you for buying into the business but it cost either way. Personally I have gotten better clients from doing my own advertising.