PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find Stihl parts diagrams (IPL)?

Alan0354
05-13-2010, 02:20 AM
I want to find the IPLs of HS45, HS81 and FS250.

Anyone have that willing to post here. Or else, where can I get the Parts diagram of these?

Thanks

Alan

Merkava_4
05-13-2010, 06:11 AM
Damn good question!! The bastards don't want us to have access to their IPLs. :angry:

Alan0354
05-13-2010, 01:02 PM
Damn good question!! The bastards don't want us to have access to their IPLs. :angry:

I so hope you can come to the rescue!!!:laugh::waving:

If you don't have it, I am in trouble!!! I am as bad............well close..........as you!!! I am not going to buy one with one ring and 2 bolts cylinder engine!!! Just me, even though I think very highly of Echo............But it's my money!!!

pugs
05-13-2010, 01:28 PM
Good reason to stay away from Stihl in my opinion. Every other manufacturer lets you see their parts breakdowns. Just about all of them have them listed on their websites. Stihl wants to force you to go to your dealer. One reason as a dealer I am not sure I would ever want to sell Stihl if I was offered it.

Its nice to have customers looking at the same thing as me telling me I want xxxxx part number instead of this doodad attached to this part of this machine.

Alan0354
05-13-2010, 02:24 PM
Well, if I cannot find the IPL, they loss me as a customer.

mow4cash
05-13-2010, 10:47 PM
I like sthil better than others but they really should give you the ipl with your purchase. I have a good dealer that I use and they do all the work for me not saying I dont want the ipl. Hopefully someone can find them.

Restrorob
05-13-2010, 11:40 PM
This is :laugh: !!!

If people want to purchase lessor quality equipment just because they can't look their own parts up so be it.... :rolleyes:

pugs
05-14-2010, 01:49 AM
This is :laugh: !!!

If people want to purchase lessor quality equipment just because they can't look their own parts up so be it.... :rolleyes:

Lesser quality? LOL. Stihl would be at the bottom of my list of commercial equipment. Only good thing they have is their name and that is going downhill fast.

topsites
05-14-2010, 03:53 AM
Whatever, all but one of my handhelds are ALL Stihls, and most of them are
missing at least one part, they run just as well.

Restrorob
05-14-2010, 07:46 AM
Lesser quality? LOL. Stihl would be at the bottom of my list of commercial equipment. Only good thing they have is their name and that is going downhill fast.

:laugh: Easy to bash something you don't sell huh ?

Kind of like the Chevy vs Ford saga ! :hammerhead:

mow4cash
05-14-2010, 08:33 AM
Posted via Mobile Device I have all sthil and a redmax blower. Can't say much bad about the blower but id rather have a br600... and my redmax husky dealer sucks so that's half the reson I don't buy them. It is like ford vs chevy vs ram. I have a chevy and ford and they both suck and a ram is not any better.

piston slapper
05-14-2010, 01:40 PM
Stihl makes decent equiptment, The only beef I have with them is that they only come with a 90 day warranty.

If you got 1 as a christmas gift, by the time you got to use it, its out of warranty...

newz7151
05-14-2010, 01:44 PM
Stihl makes decent equiptment, The only beef I have with them is that they only come with a 90 day warranty.

If you got 1 as a christmas gift, by the time you got to use it, its out of warranty...

So you are buying the consumer line of Stihl and using it for commercial use, right?

Alan0354
05-15-2010, 01:53 AM
Forget about whether Stihl is good or bad, how about the IPLs? We have enough debate in the other sub forum already.

Anyone have IPLs that is willing to share?

I really would like to have the HS45 and HS81.

ricky86
05-15-2010, 03:55 AM

Wrong wrong wrong.

piston slapper
05-15-2010, 10:02 AM
Wrong wrong wrong.

Calm down ricky86 ...I dont sell Stihl eqpt. I was just repeating the concensus of what I hear from my customers. The eqpt is only as good as the dealer behind the warranty. Dealer support in central FLA leaves much to be desired. There never seems to be anything covered by warranty. Are the dealers double dipping? (charging for repair and submitting a warranty) I couldnt say.....

Maybe someone can find a link for stihl IPL's

Restrorob
05-15-2010, 12:25 PM
Guy's, Stihl does not have IPL parts look-up. They use a CD program called MediaCAT, One must be a dealer to get the program.

pugs
05-15-2010, 03:26 PM
Guy's, Stihl does not have IPL parts look-up. They use a CD program called MediaCAT, One must be a dealer to get the program.

I am sure once JD buys them, they will be up on jdparts.com

Just FYI, I am not bashing Stihl...just things like the nonsense of not providing parts breakdowns to anyone. Keeping it all a secret is not the way to go in this day.

My other issue with them is things like their special molded fuel lines. Customer breaks a fuel line and you cant just put in a new one...you have to get the special molded 2-3 line thing that only fits that one model of Stihl.

ricky86
05-16-2010, 02:25 AM
So don't attempt to work on them. Leave a Stihl product to a shop that is qualified and equipped to work on them.
That molded fuel line gives them some control over the parts being used to repair their product. It protects the consumer, so someone doesn't use a soda straw in place of the correct line.

Merkava_4
05-16-2010, 05:35 AM
When I walk up to dealer's part counter, I like to have the part numbers of the parts I need already written down ... saves me time and saves the dealer time; but I can't do that unless the equipment manufacturer makes the IPLs available to the public. I'm thinking Stihl should've been in charge of the Los Alamos nuclear physics laboratory; the Russians would've never got anything....

pugs
05-16-2010, 01:12 PM
So don't attempt to work on them. Leave a Stihl product to a shop that is qualified and equipped to work on them.
That molded fuel line gives them some control over the parts being used to repair their product. It protects the consumer, so someone doesn't use a soda straw in place of the correct line.

Thats great, but it means stocking 50+ parts for the dealer instead of a box of fuel line. One reason I would probably not want to get involved dealing stihl.

Alan0354
05-16-2010, 03:47 PM
That's pretty bad of Stihl. These hand held is not hard to work on. I am not going to pay a hundred dollars to have the dealer work on some simple thing. This give dealer too much power. You cannot design product to glorify the dealer. This is like big government in bed with the unions and the people get screwed.

I guess I am starting to rule out these two hedge trimmers. There are other good brands, I don't believe Stihl is superior particular the problems that their 4Mix went through. Just yesterday I was in the dealer looking at pole saw and hedge trimmers, the dealer told me that nobody buying Stihl blowers after customers got burnt by the blowers. Now the new improved Magnum version come out but no body buy it!!! To be fare, nobody buy the Shindaiwa EB8520 also because people got burnt by the 8510!!!!

I am looking at the 2 cycles, but now discover their pratice. Not good!!!

rotti1968
05-16-2010, 09:10 PM
On average the repairs I do on stihl products can be done in 15 to 20 minutes so thats about 20 to 25 in labor plus parts, They have not given us to much power. What they have done is made a product as safe a possible for the end user, made parts that repair a unit to original spec and remains safe for the end user. By doing this it protects you as the user,me as the repair tech,the dealer as the seller of the product and Stihl them selves.I can understand the br 500,550,and 600's have had issues. But that does not reflect the years and years of fine equipment Stihl has made. And I know first hand for a fact that Stihl stands behind there product 100 percent and I have repaired and replaced product well beyond the warranty period.

Restrorob
05-16-2010, 10:02 PM
^^^^^^ Right there is a GOOD post ! :clapping:

ricky86
05-17-2010, 12:36 AM
You know, I disregarded your avatar and attempted to help. (giving you the benefit of a doubt). I was wrong. Stick with that dealer. You have alot in common.

Alan0354
05-17-2010, 01:18 PM
You know, I disregarded your avatar and attempted to help. (giving you the benefit of a doubt). I was wrong. Stick with that dealer. You have alot in common.

Easy!!! Don't take it personal:laugh::laugh:!!!

The Lawn Ranger CT.
05-17-2010, 09:04 PM
I have been all over the web and can only find a hand-full of IPL's but not of the models your looking for ....sorry~! but will still do some hunting...

rotti1968
05-17-2010, 09:56 PM
Just FYI, I am not bashing Stihl...just things like the nonsense of not providing parts breakdowns to anyone. Keeping it all a secret is not the way to go in this day.

Just so you are all aware, you can go to your stihl dealer and order a parts breakdown for any piece of their equipment. They are not taboo or against the policy to not give you a break down. When customers come in and ask we do what we can to get them ipls.

Roger
05-17-2010, 11:30 PM
Agree with rotti... about dealer giving diagrams to me. When I've had a reason, they printed one off for me. I wish one would come with the piece of equipment, but ... not to be.

Merkava_4
05-18-2010, 06:54 AM
Just so you are all aware, you can go to your stihl dealer and order a parts breakdown for any piece of their equipment. They are not taboo or against the policy to not give you a break down. When customers come in and ask we do what we can to get them ipls.

I did that very same thing, I went to the dealer and asked for an IPL for the Stihl FS90R.

The guy at the counter said, "I'll print you a couple of views, but I'm not going to print all 9 pages."

WTF is wrong with printing all 9 pages? :angry:

mow4cash
05-21-2010, 11:59 PM
I did that very same thing, I went to the dealer and asked for an IPL for the Stihl FS90R.

The guy at the counter said, "I'll print you a couple of views, but I'm not going to print all 9 pages."

WTF is wrong with printing all 9 pages? :angry:

Thats funny...it sounds like the DMV.