PDA

View Full Version : Does anyoune order parts online?

chuckhopkins76
05-13-2010, 08:27 AM
If you order online where?
If not why?
I was thinking of cutting out the lawn mower shop, because they are all too high.

Ex CCS Racer
05-13-2010, 09:32 AM
I buy them where they are cheapest. I also don't have any warranty and do all my own work.

jhawk60
05-13-2010, 10:16 AM
http://www.j-thomas.com/

bigjoedo
05-13-2010, 12:10 PM
I have always had good luck with :

www.jackssmallengines.com

Bigjoedo

NTL1991
05-13-2010, 01:18 PM
I've recently been ordering parts from MowPart.com and they tend to be the cheapest, but (at least for me) if your only getting ~8 dollars worth of parts, shipping is typically too high, close to $12... I've purchased close to $100 worth of parts from them for my Cub and they seem to be a quality place... The only drawback is the time between ordering and shipping, for me it's been close to 4 days!

I typically go to Partstree.com and look at the diagrams to find my part numbers, check the price there, and then punch them into Mowpart (which usually has the lowest price) and then order them up. I usually google the part number too and see if anyone on eBay has them cheaper.

For example, I had to purchase a new MTD 6-Speed Control Assembly which retails for something like $28 at Partstree and Mowpart, but on eBay, I was able to get it for $14 shipped.

Nick

Sammy
05-13-2010, 01:26 PM
I have never bought a part on line.
I support my local dealers.

mowerbrad
05-13-2010, 02:01 PM
I bought mower blades online a few years ago from texasmowerparts.com, this was back when I had no dealer support near by for my mower.

However, now I like to support my dealer (now that I have good dealer support). I try to buy most of my parts there if I can. Even though some parts may be a little bit more expensive at my dealer, I know that if I need anything repaired it will get done quickly.

dwost
05-13-2010, 04:41 PM
I buy everything online. Bought from all of the above mentioned online dealers and a few more. For me it's the quickest, most efficient and cost effective way of doing business.

fredmullegun
05-13-2010, 05:52 PM
I could not find original exmark blades at the above sites. Does anyone have a source for thise online?

thanks

sharpcuts
05-13-2010, 06:09 PM
I like to buy from my dealer, but he is 50 miles away. So if I need it now or need enough to justify the trip I buy from him. I find his prices fairly reasonable. Maybe I don't have anything under warranty & I also do my own work, but if he knows who I am ( because I buy parts from him) then he will do all he can to help me out. There are two dealers closer to me than him, but I refuse to deal with them at all. Besides they don't usually have the parts anyway. I have bought online. Mowpart is good. Jacks is alright. I don't care for jthomas. the last parts I bought were from www.rmdiscountmowerparts.com. Only complaint I have with them is it took a week to get them here. Downside to ordering online: Shipping can kill you if you only need a couple things & the time it takes to get them.

Lawn Specialties
05-13-2010, 08:58 PM
I have never bought a part on line.
I support my local dealers.

That's fine except there's not a dealer within 60 miles that will support me. 10 days - 2 weeks to get a part from a dealer or overnight from the web. They all say they have minimum parts orders and won't order until it's met no matter if I'm willing to pay extra shipping or not.

topsites
05-13-2010, 10:17 PM
The same belt for my mower...

$65 at the dealership.
$30 online.

A spark plug...
$3+ at the dealership.
30 to 50 cents online.

That takes practice and I spent a LOT of grueling hours searching and researching and I could swear
I could feel myself growing gray hairs so I'm not giving all my secrets away, but I will say that the more
time I spend looking, the better it's gotten over the years.

NAPA carries some stuff, as good as any place to start.

EastCoast
05-13-2010, 10:51 PM
Partstree.com
Posted via Mobile Device

RP007
06-05-2010, 07:06 PM
I buy a lot of parts on the internet, blades by the dozen, I recently found rmdiscountmowerparts. Their prices are very good, better than most. The shipping was reasonable on large orders. i used them several times, about 7 , 1 time took about a week. I would use them again.

rjh4758
06-05-2010, 11:18 PM
I tried buying from my closest dealer (30 miles) but they had be waiting weeks for belts. So I said the heck with it I will order online from now on I buy from http://www.texasmowerparts.com/. They have a huge selection and prices are good and low shipping and for me they are a few hundred miles away and I have had the parts as fast as the next day with standard shipping. The dealer will only see me as a last resort for special items.

milkie62
06-05-2010, 11:47 PM
At $50 and up an hour plus the machine being down for who knows how many days it only makes sense to do your own work.Most guys that say a dealer drops what he is doing to do any real work on their machine are sometimes blowing smoke.And if they have to bring it it for real minor things should not be in the business if they cannot do minor work.I just blew up a spindle on my mower and just parts which included some spare blades and such cost me $358.Now add up what it would be for labor to take off the spindle,any associated cleaning etc and with labor would easily be a $500 repair .Now if someone says they do not have time to work on their equipment and save $150-200 tells me that they did not know what to do in the first place.

Mahoney3223
06-06-2010, 02:39 PM
www.landscaperpro.com

rjh4758
06-06-2010, 06:58 PM
At $50 and up an hour plus the machine being down for who knows how many days it only makes sense to do your own work.Most guys that say a dealer drops what he is doing to do any real work on their machine are sometimes blowing smoke.And if they have to bring it it for real minor things should not be in the business if they cannot do minor work.I just blew up a spindle on my mower and just parts which included some spare blades and such cost me $358.Now add up what it would be for labor to take off the spindle,any associated cleaning etc and with labor would easily be a $500 repair .Now if someone says they do not have time to work on their equipment and save $150-200 tells me that they did not know what to do in the first place.

I agree. The dealer is going to get what $40-$50-$60 an hour and may have you waiting days or weeks till he gets it done. Unless you have a ton of back-up equipment sitting around and an overly booked schedule you are way ahead fixing most things yourself. Get it done quicker and cheaper.