PDA

View Full Version : Gravely 30 HP Mower Advice

TMZ
05-13-2010, 09:57 AM
Can anyone advise me on the purchase of this machine? Thank you!

johnwon
05-18-2010, 12:09 PM
Man, that's just na-sty!!

MikeKle
05-18-2010, 12:23 PM
I have one in my garage!! Its a 30-H or PM 460. They were great mowers in their day, but compared to ZTRs today, they arent worth it, they are pretty slow , but they do have loads of power and torque. Is that the 4x4 version? Mine had alot of hydraulic problems, it would losoe hydraulic power and pressure after it warmed up to normal operating temp, so bad, it had trouble driving up the trailers gate! Mine needed a new transaxle and repair to the hydro transmission, which was very costly! I still have it as I havent figured out what to do with it yet, the Yanmar 30hp diesel is a great engine though if it was well cared for, mine only has around 2000 hours on it and was rebuilt awhile ago. I may just scrap the mower and either sell the engine or try to swap into something else. What are they asking for this mower, and how many hours are on it?

johnwon
05-18-2010, 12:37 PM
Man, that's just na-sty!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I just get a laugh out of hearing certain people saying that. At least it got bumped to the top to where now someone has comment on it. It does look like it can be a money pit unless you already have one and this can provide needed parts.

MikeKle
05-18-2010, 02:02 PM
If the price is right, I may buy it just to get the parts I need to fix mine, but I dont know if its worth it or not at this point to even fix it up, how many people would seriously want to buy one of these old outfronts nowadays? The asking price would have to be pretty low.